Is there a VNC operating system
Access your computer at home, assist a colleague or maintain a server remotely - the possible uses of the Virtual Network Console (VNC) are practical and diverse. Not even operating system limits play a role. It doesn't matter whether you want to connect from a Linux system to another Linux or even to a Windows computer. VNC works independently of the operating system. With the appropriate compression, even a modem connection is sufficient. In this article you will learn which programs you need for Linux and Windows, how to set up VNC and how to use the corresponding tools sensibly.
VNC was developed in the mid-1980s. Back then, desktop computers were mostly just thin clients that worked without a hard drive and without their own operating system. These clients are connected to a central server via the network via VNC, which then makes the hard disk and operating system available to the user. Today, VNC is mainly used for remote maintenance and training purposes when the administrator or lecturer cannot be on site. With VNC you can, for example, connect to your running computer at home from an Internet café and use it as if you were sitting in front of it.
VNC works on the server-client principle. The computer whose desktop you want to use over the network acts as a server, i.e. makes its desktop available. The client, i.e. the remote computer, requests a connection, which the server computer must confirm. After the connection has been established, the server desktop appears in a separate window on the client computer.
By default, you can control the server's desktop from the client using both mouse and keyboard. However, the server desktop is not hijacked by the client, the user on the server computer can also intervene with the mouse and keyboard. You can work together on a project or solve problems on the remote computer. Alternatively, for training purposes, for example, you simply provide your server computer without input devices; the user on the client PC can then only watch what you are doing on the server computer.
- What to do to build a website
- Is Subway really that good for you?
- Who is Zappa these days
- Which video editing apps are you using
- Do colleges ever look at IQ
- Why does mucus cause a sore throat
- What are unglazed fully glazed tiles
- How good is the KIET College in Kakinada
- How do internet advertisers make money
- What is the best bitcoin mining pool
- Is United Healthcare the same as AARP
- When is a whistleblower not a whistleblower?
- What is a pointless gesture
- Why are Nigerian scammers relentless
- Why should I never visit Winnipeg
- What are the benefits of cloud ERP
- Which artist has sung the song fans
- Can the subconscious be consciously controlled
- Why are my PS3 controller buttons stuck
- What is quantum technology used for?
- Why did Batman like Gotham so much
- What are some causes of itchy scalp
- What does Ma aunt mean
- Why was people canceled after 3 seasons
- What are blues music
- Can a Catholic practice Confucianism?
- When did digital video editing begin?
- FaceApp violates your privacy
- How do you create a vector illustrator
- Coconuts grow in Hawaii
- Any mammal can swim
- Who is Macy's Santa
- Hiking increases your well-being