Why doesn't PHP support traditional function overloading?
Overloading the PHP function
From C ++ background;)
How can I overload PHP functions?
One function definition when there are arguments and another when there are no arguments? Is it possible in PHP? Or should I use if else to check if parameters were passed from $ _GET and POST? and relate them?
You cannot overload PHP functions. Function signatures are based only on their names and do not contain lists of arguments. So you can't have two functions with the same name. Class method overloading in PHP is different from many other languages. PHP uses the same word but describes a different pattern.
However, you can declare a variable function that takes a variable number of arguments. You would use and to pass the arguments and use them normally.
PHP does not support traditional method overloading. One way to get what you want is to use the magic method to use:
To overload a function, just pass the parameter as null by default.
It may be hacky to some, but that's how I learned how Cakephp performs some functions and customized it because I like the flexibility it creates
The idea is that you have different types of arguments, arrays, objects, and so on. Then you realize what has been given to you and go from there
What about it:
In PHP 5.6 you can abolish the use of Splat operator as the last parameter and and:
You can also use it to extract arguments:
Is equivalent to:
Unfortunately, there is no overload in PHP as in C #. But I have a little trick. I declare arguments with default null values and check them in a function. That way, my function can do different things depending on the arguments. Below is a simple example:
- Why is an isolated neutron unstable
- Why is music always better when it is louder
- What is meatloaf famous for?
- When did Spain sell Louisiana to France?
- Is it unhealthy to eat apple peel?
- Is Allah a good God
- Should I change my job?
- How do I choose the right mattress
- Why am I so fascinated by anthropomorphism?
- How big is the market for access control
- Why should we treat our children right?
- Has the middle finger lost its meaning?
- Is Germany a good country for backpackers?
- What are the different types of jerseys
- What made you want to become a physicist
- Our universe becomes less dense
- How much do Shetland sheepdogs cost
- What are angled tires
- Bitcoin is stuck in no man's land
- What objects are made of cotton
- What is bus post isolator
- How does osmotic pressure work
- Is sodium sulfate acid or base
- Aviation technology dies