The majority of US citizens hate Islam
Entry into the USA : Trump's ban on Muslims comes into force
After the success of his tax reform in the Senate, US President Donald Trump pushed through another important part of his agenda for the time being. The Constitutional Court in Washington has given the green light to implement the latest version of its Muslim ban. According to this, the authorities can now refuse entry to the United States for people from six predominantly Muslim countries. With the interim order, the Constitutional Court indicated that it would also rule in the main in the interests of the President. Trump supporters reacted enthusiastically. Opponents of the president want to continue their fight against the Muslim ban - and use Twitter comments from the head of state as evidence for their cause.
The United States' highest court accepted the third version of the ban on Muslims by seven votes to two: it affects people from Iran, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Chad. In addition, entry restrictions will be issued against travelers from North Korea and Venezuela. After the US courts had dismissed the first and second versions of the ban as overt religious discrimination, the third version, by including North Korea and Venezuela, is intended to refute the argument of anti-Muslim measures. There are also differences in the regulations for the individual Muslim states concerned. Iran can continue to send students to the USA.
In the election campaign, Trump had demanded a complete stop to the immigration of Muslims, which he has not yet been able to enforce. The president has made it clear several times that he considers Muslims to be a potential security risk because of their religion. “Islam hates us,” he once said.
The constitutional court is politically divided
Appeals courts in the states of Maryland and Hawaii are expected to make decisions on the ban on Muslims in the coming days. Among other things, there is the restriction that travelers with close relatives in the USA should be exempted from the entry ban. In theory, the Constitutional Court could affirm such restrictions in its pending final decision; in June the chief judges themselves had ordered the exception for travelers with close relatives. After the interim order on Monday, however, it is no longer expected that a majority of the nine constitutional judges will completely stop the ban on Muslims. The constitutional court is politically divided: In addition to four conservative judges, there are four liberal lawyers; another judge is considered to be less ideologically determined.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions spoke of a victory for the "security of the American people", the White House of a necessary protection "for the homeland". However, the legal battle is not over yet. The civil rights group ACLU submitted three right-wing extremist and anti-Muslim propaganda videos to the Constitutional Court that Trump had distributed via Twitter a few days ago. With this, the ACLU wants to prove that the president is not guided by security concerns, but by religious discrimination.
Meanwhile, the next ideological dispute between conservatives and liberals is already on Tuesday at the Constitutional Court. The judges deliberate on the case of a Colorado confectioner who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. The baker Jack Phillips argues that the constitution gives him the right to decide who he wants to sell his cakes to and who doesn't. In contrast, there is the legal no-discrimination law in Colorado. Liberal commentators fear a wave of discrimination against homosexuals and ethnic minorities if the baker wins in court. In this case, all service providers could refuse their products to certain sections of the population, warned the Washington Post.
- Will Ethereum hit 800 again
- How many miles can a tsunami travel?
- Include employee background checks for traffic violations
- How much economic freedom does Germany have?
- What have Rajputs done for India
- What is the Russian word for consumer
- What struggles does a copywriter go through
- Why do you only have 3 colors
- Which addictive substance is harmless?
- Why is a regular language called regular
- How did Wildfire Interactive get traction?
- Old age brings muscle pain
- When is a share cheap?
- What is currently the most powerful supercomputer
- How can I buy my first camera
- What is the definition of company
- Who is the most beautiful gymnast?
- Is Beto ORourke smart
- Hillary Clinton hates the LGBT community
- The fight for justice is always right
- How is IIIT Jabalpur doing in 2019
- Eating papaya makes the skin glow
- How can I slack off when I sing
- Why do water stains bleed through the paint
- No correlation always means no causality
- What determines the lifespan of human cells
- When did people first start farming?
- What makes satin soft
- Who invented fluorescent tubes
- Who inherited the Onassis fortune?
- How many habitable planets are there
- Which mobile apps do millennials need
- Italian is an easy language to learn
- Is married to Cheryl on DWTS