What do newborn cats eat
There are a number of reasons why a mother cat may not be able to look after her offspring on her own. It may be, for example, that she ill and is weak or died at birth is. Especially with very young cats that offspring for the first time sometimes it happens that they do not accept their babies because they are still too inexperienced. Cats should therefore not have offspring before the age of one year, although they are often sexually mature earlier. At very large throws it also happens that the mother cat cannot look after her young on her own.
Another cat is raising the offspring
If the mother cat does not adopt her kittens, the best solution is the kittens raised by another cat to let, which has also only had offspring. Breeding associations, breeders, animal shelters, cat protection associations and veterinarians provide information on where a cat has just become a mother that could be considered. The Internet is also a good place to find a wet nurse
If there is no other cat available as a surrogate mother, the owner must Hand-raising kittens, they needed that Lining as warmth and security give. This is a difficult and time-consuming task because newborn kittens are blind, unable to regulate their body temperature and need food every two hours. They even need help with digestion.
The one needed Substitute milk can be obtained from the vet. Emergency services can also be reached on weekends and at night. Let him show you the feeding technique with feeding bottles or, if necessary, a gastric tube. There are various good products with a similar composition that are tailored to the needs of the kitten.
How the substitute milk is to be prepared is written on the packaging, and this information should be strictly adhered to. When preparing and feeding you should pay particular attention to the following points:
- If you use milk powder that is mixed with boiled, hot water, make sure that when you mix it no lumps form. Even tiny lumps can Digestive problems have as a consequence. To be on the safe side, you can filter the milk through a fine-mesh sieve.
- You need milk to drink Body temperature have (cheek test).
- They are ideal for feeding Specially made for cats with a rubber teat. The opening of the teat must not be too big, but also not too small, otherwise drinking will be too much effort. And of course the suction openings have to "grow" with the kitten.
Massage after feeding baby cats
Every meal follows in the first two weeks of life a massage of the abdomen (towards the anus) and the anal region. The mother cat stimulates the flow of urine and feces by licking these areas with her tongue. As a foster mother, you take one for this damp cotton pad.
Feeding schedule for baby cats
At first the kittens getevery two to three hours the vial. From the third week onwards, the intervals between milk meals are gradually increased. Of course, only if the kitten drinks well and its birth weight is approximately eight to ten days doubled. Best of all, you keep a weight log. When the kitten four weeks old you can offer him the first bites of solid baby food.
- 1st and 2nd week: Give vials at 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22 o'clock.
- 3 week: Give vials at 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 3, 6 and 9 p.m.
- 4th week: Give vials at 0, 4, 8, 12, 4 and 8 p.m.
- 5th week: Give vials at midnight, wet food at 8 a.m., vials at 2 p.m. and wet food at 8 p.m.
- 6th and 7th week: Only give bottles when needed, e.g. if a kitten is not eating well. Give wet food in the morning, at noon and in the evening.
- From the 8th week: Give wet food in the morning and evening.
- What is the worst firewood to use
- Are spikes good for jogging?
- How wrong are our earliest memories
- Why doesn't my desktop turn on?
- What are drains made of
- Why do scooters wobble so much
- What's new for Enterprise Storage in 2017
- US income tax is collected annually
- What does it mean to lose a stone
- Is there THC in medical marijuana
- Why does Guinness take longer to pour?
- How do you react to criticism
- Firefox is good for privacy
- Can chimpanzees cross with orangutans?
- What can keep my legs from swelling
- When was the Canadarm brought into space?
- Past words are dead
- What is the largest university in Florida
- What is the chemical component in gas
- How does the brain affect our behavior?
- What is the country code for Bahrain
- Why was NASA so successful and inspiring
- Should I buy or rent event equipment?
- Has NASA ever worked with the CIA