How was the PCIe SSD developed
￭ Converts an M.2 port (M key) into a PCI-E-x4 interface
￭ Contains an optional low-profile expansion slot
￭ No driver installation required
There are three types of M.2 SSDs. Please make sure you know the difference between them and check that your system / motherboard supports them before pairing them with your SilverStone product.
For SATA SSDs, connected via AHCI driver and SATA 3.0 port (6 Gbit / s), exposed via the M.2 connector.
PCI Express with AHCI (M-Key) only support the installation of this type
For PCI Express SSDs, connected via the AHCI driver and provided PCI Express lanes. Backward compatible with expanded SATA support in operating systems at the expense of providing optimal performance through the use of AHCI for access to PCI Express SSDs.
PCI Express with NVMe (M-Key) only support installation of this type
For PCI Express SSDs, connected via the NVMe driver and provided PCI Express lanes. High-performance and scalable host controller interface, specially developed and optimized for connection to PCI Express SSDs. NVMe was developed from scratch, relies on low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs and the addition of parallelism to contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications.
|connection||PCI Express x4|
|SSD interface||M.2 (NGFF)|
|Module key||PCI-E-4x-based M-key|
|Dimensions||120mm (W) x 23mm (H) x 104mm (D)|
|Supported M.2 SSD length||30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm|
|Note: If you want to start from an M.2 SSD, this must be supported by your motherboard. Due to BIOS limitations, not all motherboards support the boot process from an M.2 SSD; For details on how to activate this function, please refer to the instructions for your motherboard or contact your dealer.|
Note: M.2 PCIe NVMe mode SSD requires the use of a motherboard with an Intel® 9 series (Z97 H97 Z170 X99) / AMD 300 series (A320 B350 X370) or higher chipset and Windows 8 or higher Operating system.
- Test reports
All trademarks are registered for their respective owners. © 2021 SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Heavy is a Sager laptop
- Why should there be 4 seasons
- Is information science and engineering recognized abroad
- What is deep water for a submarine
- Is there a wall around Jerusalem
- What distinguishes fashion in the style of the 1940s
- What are the interesting games for relaxing the mind
- Which professions phycopaths normally aim for
- How are statistics useful to you?
- How do I choose a paddle board
- Are newspapers important in the digital age
- Not all programming languages are basically similar
- What if everyone is a god, god
- How do I create backlinks
- What religion did the Cossacks have before Christianity
- Why are narcissists hypersexual
- What exercises can a student do regularly?
- Has a paranormal phenomenon been detected?
- What is DNA barcode
- Why did Shaolin training become so commercial
- What is your rating of laughter yoga
- What is RemoteWebDriver
- Which US president will stop dollars
- How does Facebook compete with Snapchat