You could live with a guilty conscience
Getting rid of a guilty conscience: You can do that
If you want to get rid of your guilty conscience, there are a few tips you can use to get a grip on it. It often helps if you wonder what exactly is triggering your feelings of guilt and whether they are justified.
This is how you get rid of your guilty conscience
A guilty conscience plagues people when they feel they have done something wrong. Self-doubt and reproaches are the consequence. Here's what you can do to get rid of your guilty conscience.
- First, ask where the guilty conscience comes from. In many cases, people wrongly blame themselves for having very high expectations and not being able to meet them. Other people can be to blame for feeling guilty too.
- If you really made a mistake, stand by it. Apologize to the person concerned if your actions had consequences for others. In this way you can face your responsibility and clear your guilty conscience.
- Making amends can also help get rid of your guilty conscience. For example, if you have recently neglected your partner a lot, in the future you will consciously take time for two and surprise the other with a little something.
- If the reason for your guilty conscience is irreversible, you should detach yourself from the past and look to the future. There is no point in fighting against yourself for a long time with accusations. Instead, think about how you can avoid such mistakes in the future.
- If you constantly have a guilty conscience and often let other people persuade you, you should strengthen your self-esteem. Accept the criticism of your behavior, but do not allow yourself to be downgraded or unsettled as a person. People make mistakes and can sometimes have a remorse - but that shouldn't be a permanent condition.
Where our guilty conscience comes from
Sometimes people cannot even assign why they have a guilty conscience. It feels like you've done something wrong. But where does the guilty conscience actually come from?
- We are brought up with certain morals and learn early on what is right and wrong. In addition, there are values such as honesty, loyalty or willingness to help, which we use as a guide. Those who violate their own morals or values usually suffer from a bad conscience afterwards.
- If your demands on yourself are too high, you expect a certain perfectionism from yourself, which cannot work and which automatically leads to a guilty conscience. For example, if you never manage to get through your to-do list, you don't need to feel guilty about it; you should set more realistic goals for yourself.
- Often people feel guilty before they have even done anything wrong. This is because they expect certain reactions from others and are afraid of disappointing others. So cancel an appointment in good time because something has come up, you haven't made a major mistake and you can still feel bad about it.
Video tip: Eco condom: making love without a guilty conscience
Read how you can deal with rejection in the next post.
- How lightning grenades work
- Can you transfer a soul
- What is an anime with a magician
- Why does paper turn yellow with age?
- Why did Oracle purchase Acme Packet
- What distinguishes fashion in the style of the 1940s
- Benjamin Netanyahu is innocent
- What is the simple pleasure of childhood
- What's not a good icebreaker
- Who were some of the best spies
- Is telepathy between twin flames real
- Where are the best raves
- Which Japanese cities are known to westerners
- Conducts carbon fiber heat
- What is the importance of industrial engineering
- What is more worth childhood or adulthood
- What is the future of MBA graduates
- What are the dangers of eating fish
- Can Muslims become Christians?
- What is burned at Burning Man
- Which subject is visual arts
- How can you take state bank exams
- What are the goals of online transactions
- What is the flow of life