How is Robespierre a hero
. 2.1 Danton or Robespierre. A traditional topos of the French revolutionary historiography of the 20th century. When the discussion about the French Revolution shifted to the universities in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Danton and Robespierre embody different attitudes towards the revolution. While the holder of the first professorship in the history of the French Revolution, Alphonse Aulard, glorified Danton as a republican hero, his successor Albert Mathiez took Robespierre's side. In Aulard's interpretation of the revolution, the Declaration of Human Rights of 1789 and the Constitution of 1793 are at the center, since, in his view, they formed the basis for France's development into a democratic republic. Aulard tries to excuse the difference between the principles of the revolution propagated in parliamentary debates and the violent measures of the reign of terror by referring to the threat posed by the counterrevolution. According to Furet, he is striving for the “reconciliation posthume des hommes et des époques de la révolution” 1 and, against this background, sees in Danton the hero who allows him to resolve the contradiction between the ideas of the legislative assembly on the one hand and the Overcome welfare committee policies on the other hand. Aulard interprets the first French revolution as the first step on the way to the victory of the French republicans a century later - while he was still alive. 2 The socialist Albert Mathiez, 1908 co-founder of the "Société des Etudes robespierristes", aims in contrast. ..
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
This site requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals.
Do you have any questions? Contact us.Or login to access all content.
- How do I become an IRCTC agent
- How many players are there in football?
- What are some uses of Na2O
- Should I choose Namecheap instead of GoDaddy
- What is time discount
- What is mathematical modeling of materials
- Does Bloomberg have a Business Week
- What is phase equilibrium
- How do I get a stalker
- What can we use to replace glass
- What are the main insights of Islam
- Manali is overcrowded in January
- What are the best technologies for retail
- How do I get to Germany
- Can we use WPC panels in furniture?
- Can I log into Facebook via Instagram?
- What is Hamiltonian MCMC
- Where can I buy mining equipment
- What's dead 1
- Which UK networks support HSPA +
- What do mortal enemies mean
- Indonesia lacks engineers
- Is plate tectonics real or not
- Think you are being controlled