Why do people pee in swimming pools
Study by Canadian scientists Confirmed: Liters of urine in the swimming pools
We actually knew it, didn't we? Some people save going to the toilet in the swimming pool and just pee in the pool. Nobody notices. Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that!
Canadian scientists examined 31 different swimming pools and thermal baths over three weeks. They were able to detect the urine indirectly, but clearly, by looking for a certain molecule (acesulfame) that could only have got into the water by peeing. Accordingly, urine is found in every public swimming pool, without exception.
People pee in every swimming pool - every day
The researchers were able to detect an average of 75 liters of urine in large 50-meter pools. In smaller 25-meter pools it was around 30 liters of pee. That's not much, there is one liter of urine for every 11,000 liters of water.
But the results suggest that the pee content is refreshed daily. However, the scientists could not say which people prefer to relax in the swimming pool.
The warmer the water, the higher the concentration
However, the concentration of the molecule in thermal baths was significantly higher. The warm water seems to encourage bathers even more to just let it run. The scientists found a concentration three times higher in a jacuzzi than in the dirtiest swimming pool.
Urine is sterile, but it contains urea, ammonia and creatine, among other things, which, in interaction with disinfectants, form by-products such as dibutyl phthalate in swimming water. This is an emollient that can cause eye irritation and asthma attacks - a common problem with frequent swimmers.
Better clarification but no pee clouds
With their work, the Canadian scientists wanted to make a contribution to swimming pool hygiene in order to be able to provide better information. They also speculate that it will be possible in the future to make urine in swimming pools visible. Contrary to some persistent rumors, it is not yet possible to convict the peeing swimmer by discoloring his urine and pulling a pee cloud behind him.
on the radio | 02.03.2017 | 8:30 a.m.
- An OPC can be made as unlimited
- Home remedies for hair
- What are the best clothes you've bought
- Trello is a great team management tool
- How can I remove paint
- Popes are crucified
- When did Amelia Earhart disappear?
- Are LIC guidelines worthwhile in 2019
- How do I improve my grip strength
- How can someone study medicine without chemistry
- What is the use of opaque materials
- How brave is the Brave browser
- Are you an army aspirant
- Why do people travel by car
- Skype VoIP is free
- Do we need a wide angle lens
- What is a salary for football referee
- What things should every craftsman know
- Are sitcoms realistic
- What are the properties of radio waves
- What is a relationship in the database
- Nature and care
- Where is Delhi located in Pakistan
- What is Brunswick ME known for