What is a self-watering pot
Is it hot outside and your plants look thirsty from their laundry (or from their pots)? Even watering pots can bring relaxation for you and your plants.
It's this easy to make self-watering pots:
- a plastic bucket (a 1l yoghurt bucket is suitable for a mini version, 5 or 10 liter buckets are suitable for larger versions)
- a flower pot that can be lowered into the bucket up to the top
- a piece of cloth (e.g. an old kitchen towel
- Cutter knife
- Tape measure
How to do it:
- Measure how deep the flower pot protrudes into the bucket.
- Use the cutter to cut a hole about 1 cm below this point for pouring water into the bucket. The hole should be big enough so that you can easily fill the bucket with the watering can.
- On the opposite side of the bucket, cut an overflow a thumb's width under the filling hole. It is sufficient if the diameter of this hole is 1 cm.
- Now you fiddle a knot in the piece of cloth and pull it from above through the middle hole (or one of the middle holes depending on the pot model) of the flower top. The knot should now be inside the pot with the loose end sticking out of the bottom. Now off with the flower pot in the bucket
- Prepared in this way, you can fill the pot with soil and plant it.
- To get your self-watering pot up and running, fill the bucket to the overflow and water your plants well. As the soil around your plants dries up, water from the bucket will be drawn through the cloth into the flower pot.
You can of course also fill the bucket with (ecological) fertilizer dissolved in the Gieswasser.
- What Makes a $ 100 Bill Legal
- Studio Ponoc is the new Studio Ghibli
- Why do two oceans never mix
- Are Parliament's cigarettes safe
- Goes python for reference
- Why do people hunt lions
- Can I do English honors after the 12th
- When are mumps contagious?
- What is good about VIT
- When should I send a survey reminder?
- What is a popular dance
- What are Evonys' sales
- Which Paul Graham essays contradict each other
- What is a famous flute music
- What is a free monad
- Virtual offices are banned in the Netherlands
- Where was your service dog trained?
- How can you make someone snore
- Helps uBrogepant with migraines
- Who is Gucci Mane
- Why do we use math 1
- How realistic is the person of interest
- How is college life at CUSAT
- Is it difficult to be a voice actor