What are the health benefits of wasabi
Green, hot - wasabi
Most raw fish lovers agree that there is no sushi without wasabi. The plant comes from the cruciferous family and is a popular Japanese spice. The light green paste is not only hot, but also healthy - provided it is the real product.
Wasabi: hotness with tradition
The wild plant originally only thrives in the flowing waters of Japan and on the Russian island of Sakhalin. Due to the high demand, the plant is also grown in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and China. A plant has to sprout up to two years before the pungent taste spreads in the roots, the rhizomes.
Wasabi is nicknamed "Green Horseradish" because its sharpness, like that of its white namesake, can be felt in the nose and throat. Traditionally, the roots are freshly rubbed on a wooden board covered with shark skin. The heart-shaped leaves of the wasabi plant can also be eaten and refine many dishes.
More on this: Kombucha: Iconic, disgusting, delicious
Mustard oils develop their healthy effects
As well as being spicy, wasabi has health benefits to offer. The mustard oil glycosides it contains have some positive effects.
- Natural antibiotic: The mustard oils Glucocochlearin and Sinigrin have an antibacterial effect and fight pathogens such as bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Digestion:The consumption of wasabi stimulates digestion due to the mustard oils. But be careful: too much of it causes heartburn and stomach problems.
- Urinary tract: The mustard oils also fight bacteria in the case of urinary tract infections, and they also have a diuretic effect.
- Immune system:Wasabi is generally said to have a good effect on the immune system and to increase the immune system. Asthma symptoms should also be alleviated.
- Cancer preventive:Several scientific studies have also shown that mustard oils, which are also found in other cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, radishes or cabbage, act against malignant tumor cells.
More on this: Food for self-healing
Pay attention to quality when consuming
Real wasabi is available in root, powder, or paste form. However, the original can hardly be found in restaurants. The reasons why only a cheap substitute product is usually served are as follows:
- Price: Real wasabi is expensive. One kilogram of it costs between 200 and 400 euros.
- Low durability:The fresh root is easily perishable. If stored in a cool place, it will only last a week at most. Freshly rubbed and in the air, the sharpness disappears within an hour due to the oxidative process.
It is definitely worth paying attention to the quality. Because in terms of taste, the substitute paste does not even come close to the real root. The paste that is served in conventional restaurants is usually mixed with water and contains a lot, but no real wasabi. If you want to buy wasabi in a tube in the supermarket, you should definitely take a look at the list of ingredients: Instead of the real wasabi plant, the products contain industrially manufactured additives, green-colored horseradish and mustard as well as dangerous E numbers.
More on this: Wheat and barley grass: what's the point?
- What are the positions of the Indian Air Force
- Should I buy or rent event equipment?
- What is a relationship in the database
- Hire Qualcomm
- Does Salman Khan deserve any respect
- What are cave crickets
- How comprehensive is the Canadian education system
- What is the Air Defense of Ireland
- Have you ever experienced seasonal bad luck
- Which certification is better CPSM vs CPIM
- Is fate more powerful than time
- Why do Indians hesitate about sex?
- Eating Gujarati omelets
- What is borderline hypersexuality
- How to build muscle without moving
- Is the Manhattan television series historically correct
- What is your most comfortable sleeping environment
- How many users do Fitocracy
- What Final Fantasy Games are for PS3
- What does the allusion to the illusion mean
- How do I cure amyloidosis
- How do cloud mining websites split profits?
- Why do entrepreneurs need cooperation
- Financial advice from lawyers is worthwhile
- What is a blue warrant
- Why do some people not question anything
- Define the accounting case study
- Gives Amazon refunds for stolen packages
- The technological singularity is inevitable
- May cause ondansetron bleeding
- Love dogs unconditionally
- What is sparsity machine learning
- How can I sync my Fitbit
- Where can I buy sodium metal