How can I discover myself through writing?
Discover yourself through creative writing in a community and solve writer's block by writing
The message is simple: Writer's block is a natural phenomenon and is part of every writing process. Almost everyone has experienced it before and almost everyone knows it.
And one more thing is clear: writing is thinking and writing is learned through writing. Writing in a community is particularly fun.
What does writer's block look like? The writer does not write. There is a writing assignment from school, university, at work and the sheet remains white. The apartment is very clean, shopping has been done, bills have been paid, e-mails answered, laundry done ... and the sheet remains empty.
Writing is a very individual and personal process. In writing, the person who writes shows himself through his thoughts and words. This can scare you, trigger shame, and thereby inhibit and block writing a text. It is also difficult to talk about it or even to publish the planned text.
With my text I show myself to the world.
I step out of my inner space.
Because people need trust and security to write.
I would like to briefly tell you how I got out of my own writer's block:
How I overcame my own writer's block
I had a very hard time with academic writing at university. What I experienced was: Many share this feeling and nobody talks about it.
Soon I felt like so many students, I ran the risk of not completing my studies because I was busy with the housework for so long and just put it off before me. At some point it was clear: stop! I said to myself: I am currently blocking my writing. This acknowledgment and admission that this is the case has cost me a lot of courage. Fortunately, there was a writing center at my university. In America, scientific work always includes a “writing center”. These are only found sporadically in Germany. I went to a writing counseling session. That was the solution. In three steps I learned the way out of the blockage:
- Step: acceptance. Admit I have writer's block.
- Step: opening. I communicate with others about it.
- Step: The solution is action.
A few weeks later I went on a writing trip to the Oderbruch. Here I got to know and love creative writing, so that two years later I completed my training as a writing trainer and writing consultant.
Powerful and warm: creative writing in a group
Since 2016 I have been offering creative writing evenings in Pankow together with the poetry teacher Carola Rennoch. Time and again we experience that writing is a very personal process that needs a protected space. That's why we write together on several evenings in and with a fixed circle of text friends.
Writing is the best way to relate to yourself. If you do it together, several people come into contact with one another. Writing connects. Writing sends out impulses. Writing opens. Myself. For me. And for others. We experience writing in community as very powerful, creative and warm. Writing releases and makes you laugh! Even in the laugh itself, one or the other blockage dissolves.
We use various creative techniques to approach abstract or biographical topics in this way. This includes the clustering according to Gabriele L. Rico, the ABC-Darium, the Kryptychon, the automatic writing according to Breton, meditations, and at the end we write in the group.
In this way, the blockage can fall in just one evening, as we find an expression of ourselves in a trusting environment that we may not have admitted to ourselves.
A group poem
Letting go completely
Don't have to think anymore
Bite your tongue
Please just not that
Brush the gums until they are bloody
- What are the rules of blackjack
- How good is NIT Calicut
- What are the positions of the Indian Air Force
- Who works harder, the father or the mother
- What is supply and demand 1
- What physicist is a great bongo player
- What is the origin of the name Josephine
- Why don't Americans like Vegemite
- What do you think of Candace Owens
- What is x if 7x 10
- Did John Kerry break the Hatch Act
- What is Jon going to do with Melisandre
- What situation is a foul in snooker
- How do I hear my microphone
- What is people txt
- Why should I live in Nebraska
- Philosophically the word means culture
- How do the Eskimos build igloos
- How are Baldwin Acrosonic Spinets used
- How is college life at CUSAT
- How do you react to criticism
- How can I learn medical meta-analysis
- What is meant by tire slip
- What instrument was there before the piano?
- Which US President started borrowing from China?
- Why does AirBnb invest heavily in payments
- Are officers in the French army bad
- Are bottle deposits effective
- What is the chemical component in gas
- How are Amazon TRMS jobs
- How do you prefer to get books?
- Is volunteering just free labor
- Coal and oil are found together
- Is a landlord responsible for the damping