What Jordans was Michael Jordan wearing
Parents like to keep their children's first pair of shoes as a souvenir. A 35-year-old pair of trainers from basketball star Michael Jordan has now also achieved fame and glory. At an auction in New York, an anonymous buyer bought the "Nike Air Jordan 1S" shoes for US $ 560,000 - a world record for a pair of sneakers, according to auction house Sotheby's. The sale price is almost four times the original estimate of $ 150,000.
According to Sotheby's, the buyer wanted to remain anonymous. In the last 20 minutes of the online auction, the price soared, bidders from four continents participated. Sotheby's achieved the previous record price for a pair of sneakers in New York last year, when Canadian collector Miles Nadal paid more than $ 430,000 for a Nike "Moon Shoe" manufactured around 1972.
According to the auction house, the "Nike Air Jordan 1S" is the first shoe that Jordan, now 57 years old, developed together with Nike in 1985. Since then, the basketball player and many other sports stars around the world have repeatedly designed shoes and other sporting goods with great success.
The auctioned shoes had been in the possession of collector Jordan Geller since 2012, who had put them up for auction. Michael Jordan wore the red, white and black sneakers with red laces as a Chicago Bulls player at several NBA games. They were made to measure for the star, the right shoe slightly larger than the left. One of the shoes bears Jordan's signature.
The ten-part documentary series "The Last Dance" is currently putting the athlete who is considered the best basketball player of all time back in the spotlight. The new documentary about Jordan and his last season with the Chicago Bulls is running on the US sports broadcaster ESPN and the streaming service Netflix.
- What is the future scope for marketing
- What is myotonic dystrophy
- Kiwi is also grown in India
- What was your most hypocritical moment
- How did Jim Morrison get his nickname?
- Uses Elon Musk Ubuntu
- Is Quora a source of information
- What do teenagers think of Medium
- How was WordPress created
- Which GDS is the largest
- What is the least dangerous wild bear
- Why and how did evolution involve consciousness
- Like 91 is not a prime number
- Which US president had the happiest marriage
- What is the chemical formula of butanol
- What was the first Gucci product
- Cipla is a business company
- Why did God create violent psychopaths?
- What are the principles of extreme programming
- How can I create an Excel macro
- Why do we use stocks
- What should be the requirements for the high school diploma
- Where does music come from
- Why is co-parenting important