Are dream magazines necessary
Would you like to take the design of your magazine into your own hands? And do you want a coherent layout for your magazine so that your gift is really well rounded? The choice of fonts is of particular importance. We have put together some helpful tips for you.
Good to know
Your magazine can be as beautiful as this double page. The fonts you choose will have a bigger impact than you might think. A tip that always applies: Pay attention to a balance between tension and legibility!
One page - many types of text
There are many different types of text in a magazine - on every single page. Let's take a look at our beautiful example page. There is a headline, an introduction (also called a teaser) that arouses curiosity about the whole text, the body text, subheadings that structure everything, a quote that stands out, and explanatory captions.
For each type of text (slightly) different fonts were chosen in order to differentiate them from one another. Most noticeable and largest is the headline and the most discreet are the captions. A particularly simple, yet pretty font has been chosen for the running text. What types of text are there in your magazine?
A tip: To make the running text - i.e. the main part of an article - as easy to read as possible, put it in columns and insert enough paragraphs.
Another important decision is the choice of font size. Text that is easy to read on a computer screen needs a different size than one that is printed.
We recommend that you use 14 to 22 pt. For headings for your printed magazine, 12 pt. For subheadings, 12-14 pt for quotations and insert the running text in 9 or 10 pt. To be sure that you have chosen the best possible font size, you can download a PDF of a sample page and print it out. In this way you can see in original size whether you have chosen the appropriate font sizes.
What fonts do you use in your magazine? In order to create a uniform design, we recommend that you always use the same font for the same type of text within a magazine. Exceptions confirm the rule here as well: Sometimes it can be useful to vary.
We do not recommend using more than three different fonts on one page. Otherwise the layout will be too restless. You can use more conspicuous fonts in the headings, the subheadings or the quotes. The other fonts should be chosen cautiously. Note: the shorter the text, the more unusual and unusual the font can be.
When choosing a font for your headline, be sure to keep an eye on the content of your text. For example, you can highlight individual words with a conspicuous font that matches their content, such as the word "Vintage" in our example at the top. The old-fashioned cursive font “Learning Curvor Pro” fits perfectly in terms of content and complements the simple font “Walkway” perfectly.
Top or flop?
Which variant is top and which is a flop? On the left you see an elegantly designed magazine page that makes you want to read it. In comparison, the variant on the right looks clumsy and uninviting. On the left-hand side, two fonts have been combined in the heading and the central word is shown larger. Also note how well the headline was placed above the almost page-high photo. In order to make the text reader-friendly, our layouters have inserted numerous paragraphs in the positive example and differentiated individual types of text from one another typographically and in terms of color. At the same time, the focus was on not making the page too restless.
With these tips and hints, you will surely succeed in making your layout a little rounder. Alternatively, you are welcome to use our beautiful templates. The double page "Vintage - a wedding with style" can be found in the editor in the template "Wedding | Romantic ”and the“ About Julia ”page can be found in the“ Birthday | Feminine".
Do you have any other questions? Send us a message. We are happy to help at any time.
- What is the Vietnamese word for reading glasses
- Has Facebook acquired the FB com domain
- Why is redwood so expensive
- What is the specific heat for wood
- What is a web development team structure
- Crumpled clothes can be stylish
- What is interactive storytelling
- What happened in Project Luna See
- Why does Trump think Toledo is Dayton?
- What will Maurizio Sarri bring to Chelsea
- How were the Soviets defeated in Afghanistan
- Hire Google at North South University
- How do you transpose a 3x3 matrix
- Is it okay to exercise barefoot?
- What atmospheric weather conditions cause a drought?
- What is a teenage pregnancy
- What's behind plaster walls
- How can I overcome loneliness and boredom
- Which celebrities are on Quora 1
- Why are scientists approaching Mars
- Is League of Legends popular in India
- Who will marry Mark Zuckerberg
- How fast do fingernails grow
- Can a person become invincible and immortal
- How am I supposed to invest 30,000
- What is the trademark of Alabama
- Which mobile dialer uses bandwidth-saving technology?
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews drink wine
- What is the first big synthesizer album
- How am I supposed to overcome presumptuousness
- Is BTS popular in Pakistan
- How do I use TuDelft scholarships
- Chemistry as a class is difficult
- Why don't we excommunicate gang members?