What is a dangerous low heart rate
You can check for yourself whether your heart is beating too slowly if you sit down and relax and count your pulse for a minute. It is less than 50 to 60 strokes, this may indicate bradycardia.
Many arrhythmias are nothing to worry about. Even so, if bradycardia is suspected, you should see your doctor so that he can make a diagnosis and determine whether therapy is necessary. Especially as soon as symptoms appear. So if you often feel dizzy or short of breath during exercise.
The doctor will talk to you first to make a diagnosis. He asks about underlying diseases (especially those of the heart) and asks about medications and over-the-counter herbal remedies you are taking. Explain exactly what brings you to the practice - and why you think about the diagnosis of bradycardia.
Those who think about the following questions are well prepared:
- What ailments do you suffer from?
- How often, how long and in what situations do they occur?
- Has the frequency and / or duration of the complaints increased?
Then she becomes the medic Physically examine your confidence. He measures the pulse and listens the heartbeat. Does he draw blood, certain metabolic diseases can be excluded (e.g. hypothyroidism).
To diagnose bradycardia, your family doctor or cardiologist can consult one Resting ECG Record the cardiac currents (electrocardiogram). In this way, it recognizes a slow heart rate and can search for causes of the bradycardia.
Because it may be that the disorder occurs only now and then or only during physical exertion, the doctor may take action Long-term ECG, which records the heart rhythm over 24 hours. It shows how the heart behaves during the day.
Also Stress tests (Spiroergometry) can be used to check your heart rate and rhythm when you are exerting yourself.
In some cases, an electrophysiological examination (EPU) of the heart is also performed. With this special cardiac catheter examination, the doctor determines the type and cause of the arrhythmia.
If a heart disease is suspected, an ultrasound of the heart (echocardiography) or a Cardio MRIor -CT in question.
- What is the scope of the Red Hat certification
- What is the most comfortable hammock
- Why does Japan love wolves
- Competitive programmers use Python
- What is burned at Burning Man
- Manufactures Telsa EV batteries
- Where do cats really love to be rubbed?
- Which year suits you best
- Is the travel industry viewed as service oriented?
- Is Kelechi Iheanacho really better than Martial
- How do I become a doctor early on?
- How do email and the Internet help today?
- What were Japanese colonies before World War II
- What are some substitutions for Crisco shortening
- What do you actually gain from traveling?
- Is free will a useful concept
- No correlation always means no causality
- Difference between use case and test scenario
- What are the best Brazilian newspapers
- Where is Fergusson College in Pune
- What is the personality of a DJ
- How safe is Oregon
- What situation is a foul in snooker
- Which wines go best with raw seafood?