Who Made the Square EMV Card Reader
How to order and configure a free Square Credit Card Reader
Most people don't carry a lot of cash with them anymore. This can be very inconvenient if you are an independent artist or a small business owner. Fortunately, Square offers a free credit card reader (although it does charge transaction fees) that you can plug into your phone. This is how you get your free reader and can accept credit card payments from your customers or customers.
The Square Reader is a handy way to take out credit card payments without having to spend huge bucks on the fancy point-of-sale systems you can find in stores. Square offers two types of readers. The first is a free, simple reader that you can use to swipe the magnetic strips on credit cards. It plugs into the headphone jack on an Android or iOS device. The second, which costs $ 50, allows you to accept NFC payments and read smart cards. This connects wirelessly to your phone.
Of course, Square isn't giving away free credit card readers for nothing. In exchange for readers, Square charges a processing fee for each transaction. These fees start at 2.75% for swiped, chip or contactless payments. These can be a little higher than with other more complex point-of-sale systems, but you save a lot of money in the front-end for the hardware.
Getting your Square Reader is pretty easy. To get yours, click Get A Free Reader here.
First of all, you need to create an account. Start by entering an email address and creating a password. Make sure Square is in the correct position, then click Next.
Next, you'll enter some personal information about yourself, including your name, address, birthday, the last four digits of your social security number, phone number, and how you use the Square Reader. When you're done, click Next.
Next, you can add a bank account to your Square account. You can skip this step for now, but you'll need to add a bank account before you can accept payments. Enter the account holder name, account type, routing number and account number. Click "Next" when you're done.
On the next page, you can choose to just order the free magnetic stripe reader or pay $ 50 for the additional NFC and chip reader. In both cases you will receive the free reader. Select the package you want and click Next.
Then confirm your delivery address. You don't have to pay for shipping, but if you chose to purchase the additional NFC / chip reader for $ 50, you will need to enter payment information to pay for your payment reader. Do you have it all
You will then receive a page with a link to a recommendation. Usually you can skip this step - you don't always have to be someone else's promotional service - but Square can handle up to $ 1,000 in sales for anyone else you can sign up. Since the accounts and magnetic stripe reader are free, this isn't a bad deal, especially if you run a small side business and don't transact very often.
Finally, you can send a link on your phone to download the Square Point of Sale app for iOS or Android.
The first time you run the Point of Sale app, it will guide you through a transaction. Once you get it, plug in your card reader, open the app, and you can start billing for your goods and services. Just be sure to factor these fees into your pricing.
- Why and how do ionic bonds form
- Very effective directory listing
- How powerful is Heimdall
- Is deposited in cash and taxable
- Black Panther is the best MCU movie
- Why do borderlines prefer a PTSD diagnosis?
- What is the timetable for commercial students
- Who Offers Silicone Wristbands In India
- What are the tips for buying steroids
- What are some problems only Londoners understand
- What is a Windows computer bad about
- When will the FDA approve medical cannabis
- Which is the best free bookmarking websites
- Can I take PCM and PCB
- How does industrialization help eradicate poverty
- What are commercial real estate commissions
- Why does Koinex not allow INR withdrawals
- How to say Updates in French
- Web design is a great website
- What happens after I was recommended for IMA
- What are Meryl Streep's Top 5 Movies
- What's wrong with Indian science
- What is the evolution of the batteries
- What is a photoelectric effect