What is a block mode degree in architecture
Studied at Victoria University, Melbourne
Students: 27,000, including 9,000 international
Campusse: Footscray Park, City Flinders, St Albans, et al.
The Victoria University (VU) was founded by merging various educational institutions and has been known under its current name since its merger with the Western Melbourne Institute of TAFE in 1998. The university has a very practical focus in its study programs and has made a name for itself above all in the fields of tourism and event management, ERP systems, and IT and economics. Victoria University is also one of the leading universities in Australia in the field of sports science. The program combines active, theoretical and economic aspects of sports science and through the collaboration with the Real Madrid football club, master’s students can even gain practical experience.
Since 2018, study programs at Victoria University have been offered in Block mode informed. The courses are no longer held in parallel, but take place one after the other. Each semester consists of four blocks and each block includes both the lessons and the exam. Victoria University is the first university in Australia to use this system. All programs are to be switched to block mode by 2020.
Victoria University has eight locations between Melbourne city center and the western suburbs. Almost a third of the students study on the main campus, Footscray Park, a few kilometers from the center. Other key locations are right in the city center just a few minutes' walk from the famous Flinders Street Station and Federation Square. From there you can also be in St. Kilda, the beach suburb of Melbourne, where most of the city dwellers spend their weekend, within a few minutes.
More information at: www.vu.edu.au
- Visual and performing arts
- Biology / biotechnology
- Educational science
- Foreign languages / linguistics
- Health / care
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical)
- Communication / media / journalism
- Math / statistics
- Natural Sciences (Biomedical, Chemistry, Physics)
- Politics / International Relations
- Social work
- Tourism / event / sports management
- Environment / renewable energies / sustainability
Notes on course search
Full study program (Bachelor / Master) = Course
This is what you look for if you want to study a full bachelor's or master's program.
Single course (weekly event) = unit
This is what you look for if you want to study at this university for one or two semesters as part of a study abroad program.
Grade points / evaluation points (in Europe also ECTS) = credit points
This term describes the evaluation points that are awarded per course. The value is different at every college in Australia. You can find a detailed explanation of the credit points below.
At Victoria University, the value of courses is given in credit points. These have nothing to do with the ECTS points, as this system is only used in Europe. You can find a recommendation for converting Australian points into the European ECTS system in our FAQs.
A full semester at Victoria University has a total of 48 credit points (usually corresponds to 30 ECTS).
Individual courses are usually worth 12 credit points (or 12 CP).
Please pay attention to the credit points of the individual courses so that you do not exceed the total number of credit points that you can take per semester. How many credit points you earn as a Study Abroad student per semester determines how high the tuition fees for your Study Abroad semester will be. You can find the fees on the right-hand side in this short profile.
When applying, six to eight courses must be specified for examination at the university. After receiving the offer of study and the course admission, you then choose the courses in which you are enrolling. You will get more information about this in due course.
Course number and course level:
The course number at Victoria University looks something like this: BMO3123
The first one to three letters usually represent the specialist area (e.g. B = Business, N = Engineering, LAW = Law, etc.)
The first digit stands for the study level of the respective course (LAW1234).
1 = first year of bachelor’s degree, 2 = second year of bachelor’s degree, 3 = third year of bachelor’s degree, 4 = fourth year of bachelor’s degree (ATTENTION: Level 4 courses are not always accessible for study abroad students).
Courses in which the first digit is higher than four are courses at the master's level and can only be taken if you have already completed a bachelor's degree.
The other digits are the numbers for assigning the course and no longer have any special meaning.
Links for course and program search:
- Study Abroad courseshereand Timetable Plannerhere(use the timetable to see whether the courses are offered in semester 1 (February) or semester 2 (July))
- Bachelor and Master programshere
If you have any questions, just contact your GOstralia! Advisor.
All current information about COVID-19 and the upcoming start of studies can be found in the FAQs.
Semester dates 2021
for Study Abroad, Bachelor and Master programs
Semester 1 (block 1-4 *)
Orientation: February 16, 2021
Lecture start: February 22, 2021
Examination / semester end: June 25, 2021
Semester 2 (block 1-4 *)
Orientation: July 27, 2021
Lecture start: August 2, 2021
Examination / semester end: November 26, 2021
* For an explanation of the VU block model, see the 'University' tab
for study abroad at master's level and master's programs in business
Orientation:to be announced
Lecture start: March 15, 2021
Examination / semester end: June 25, 2021
Orientation: to be announced
Lecture start: July 19, 2021
Examination / semester end: October 22, 2021
Lecture start: November 15, 2021
Examination / semester end: to be announced
Campus & living
In Australia there is the possibility of living in university dormitories, in dormitories from external providers as well as in private shared apartments or apartments.
Our recommendation and the most popular and often cheaper option among our students is to live privately in a shared apartment on site. We will send you all the important information about this as well as tips on looking for a flat in Australia in good time before the start of your studies.
You can find out more about the dormitories of the university and dormitories from external providers under the following links:
Study Abroad Program
- DAAD language certificate with level B2 (at least four stars ticked) in all test areas or
- IELTS (Academic) test with at least 6.0 points in total, no area under 6.0 (for Study Abroad in the Bachelor) and at least 6.5 points in total, no area under 6.0 (for Study Abroad in the Master) or
- TOEFL (iBT)with at least 67 points in total, listening 12, reading 15, writing 21, speaking 18 or
- Cambridge English (Advanced) at least 52 points in total
complete bachelor programs
- IELTS (Academic) test with at least 6.0 points in total, no area below 6.0 (possibly higher depending on the program) or
- TOEFL (iBT)with at least 67 points in total, listening 12, reading 15, writing 21, speaking 18 (depending on the program, possibly higher) or
- Cambridge English (Advanced) at least 52 points in total (possibly higher depending on the program)
complete master’s programs
- IELTS (Academic) test with at least 6.5 points in total, no area below 6.0 (possibly higher depending on the program) or
- TOEFL (iBT)with at least 79 points in total, listening 19, reading 18, writing 22, speaking 19 (possibly higher depending on the program) or
- Cambridge English (Advanced) at least 58 points in total (possibly higher depending on the program)
GOstralia! -GOzealand! 20 years partial scholarship 2022
Apply now for a partial scholarship at the university for your semester abroad, which we are awarding as part of our 20th GO! Birthday. You save 20% on tuition fees. Further information
GOstralia! -GOzealand! Exclusive: Social Media Ambassador Scholarships
GOstralia! -GOzealand! awards a Social Media Ambassador scholarship every semester. Report on your experiences during your semester abroad in Australia or Asia and receive a scholarship of 1,000 euros. Further information
Here you can find all scholarships that are awarded directly by Victoria University.
Brochures & application
You can find out which documents you also need in the Overview.
Study Sports at Victoria University
If you want to study in sports, Victoria University offers ideal conditions and unique study programs and courses. Through a partnership with the Real Madrid football club, students in certain master’s programs even have the opportunity to travel to Spain and take a look behind the scenes at the club. You can get an overview of the programs and the university from our Online seminar on Study Sports at Victoria University directly from the dean of the sports faculty.
Leadership and Professional Development
- Is Sightglass Coffee profitable
- How to reach high-flyers
- What is meant by patented for websites
- Why did Chicago cancel public school classes
- Parkinson's medication helps
- Where did Frederic Chopin come from?
- Can the subconscious be consciously controlled
- Where can you get buy ephedrine
- Who is Tava in Indian National Anthem
- How does high frequency really work
- How does the chip programming hardware work
- What is provided by Nationwide Tax Consulting
- What is the least dangerous wild bear
- Should I buy a car or not
- Who invests in the stock exchange
- Parkinson's medication helps
- Can you have a second puberty
- What K-pop idols are Pisces
- Do you mind sharing your worst pictures?
- Is Islamic National Socialism a thing?
- What's your rating of Market Campus
- Why is induced electric field circular
- How can I lower the room temperature
- What is histopathology
- What is Starwood's Marketing Strategy
- Is there a sequence of yoga
- What makes us believe
- Machine learning will make doctors redundant
- How do I start writing web content
- What are the voodoo symbols
- Did Eddie Redmayne deserve his Oscar
- What does decipher mean?
- Learns Magnus Chess