Does the js node support ECMAScript 6
- Node uses V8
- V8 implements ECMAScript according to ECMA-262, 3rd edition
Where am i going wrong? Is there a document somewhere that lists the language features available?
Between May 21, 2011 and June 15, 2011, the v8 website no longer listed v8 as an implementation of the 3rd edition of ECMA-262 and displayed the 5th edition. http://web.archive.org/web/20110521053630/http://code.google.com/p/v8/ http://web.archive.org/web/20110615102350/http://code.google. com / p / v8 /
According to the v8 changelog, v8 was changed to version 3.4.4 on June 15, 2011. So this version and higher is the 5th edition.
According to the node changelog, v8 was 3.4.10 in node version 0.5.1, July 14, 2011, so this version and higher is the 5th edition of ECMA-26. However, this does not mean that v8 versions prior to 3.4.10 were only the 3rd edition, as there may have been a steady transition from the 3rd to the 5th version in many v8 versions.
Strategy 1: Trust what is in a document somewhere, which in many cases is wrong. I did not find the table showing the key-value pairs, which version of the node supports which version of ECMAScript.
Strategy 2: Guess and Check.
Find a feature quoted by ES6 and "see if it fails".
I suppose the "Babel" here is a reference to the Tanakh. What features does our version of Node support? Well I don't know, you have to test it manually. This is going to be a huge mess. And worse, it seems to be on purpose.
- How does Linux encrypt passwords
- Socialism has empty promises Agree
- How are screw heads made
- Are YouTubers paid for comments
- How many calories are in chicken thighs
- Who owns the electricity meter
- Stephen Hawking can lie
- When will India return to Vietnam
- Who invented T cells
- Who was hanged in the Middle Ages
- What makes luxury decorative pillows expensive
- What are the consequences of not grieving
- What is true love for men
- A heart attack is always fatal
- What is rubber made of
- Is the Toastmasters Club in India good
- Are biscuits British
- Why is creatine so cheap
- What do you think of Montana
- How do adult YouTube channels make money?
- Why do my macarons crack on top
- How can people be of many races
- What was the language of ancient Macedonia
- What is an Alaskan bush pilot