Should teenagers disable, the player is doing sports
Parents can switch off their teenagers' cell phones by voice command
A new Google feature is the dream of all helicopter parents: Now teenagers' smartphones can also be monitored.
If the children prefer to snap chat and instagram over dinner instead of listening to their parents' exciting stories, they can now get the attention they deserve with a simple voice command. For this purpose, an age restriction in the "Family Link" available on Android phones will be lifted and new features will be added, as Google announced.
Family Link was launched by Google last year. For example, it allows parents to determine which apps their children can use for how long. In addition, the current location of the child is transmitted to the parents' smartphone. So far, monitoring has only been possible in children under the age of 13. This restriction has now been lifted, which means that parents can also monitor the smartphones of their 16 or 17-year-old teenagers.
Parents need teenagers' consent
Users over the age of 13 must agree to the monitoring in order for it to start. But parents of course have potential leverage here to force their children to consent, such as withdrawing pocket money. The young person can end the total surveillance on his own device afterwards, but then it is completely blocked for 24 hours - enough time for parental sanctions.
Family Link also gets support for voice input via the Google Assistant. If the parents then say, for example, “Hey Google, lock Zoé Sophie Amelia's device”, she has five minutes before her device becomes temporarily unusable. Almost all of the new Family Link features are already available, with Google Assistant support coming next week and then initially in the US.
Why Google isn't much better than FacebookBack to the home page
- Why don't cops deserve due process
- Where do white bumblebees live
- Interior designers arent glorified and overloaded
- How Christmas is celebrated in Barbados
- How is Quora different from Mahalo Answers
- What is another name for a woodchuck?
- How do you improve social awareness
- Is manufacturing technology all about building things?
- What will the next google be
- Chess is viewed as a board game
- You can fly drones on the beaches of Florida
- Let Shayari share your poetry
- I am emotionally numb, how do I quit
- Andalusia is part of Morocco
- Will Yellowstone National Park ever close?
- What would happen if everything changed
- What does unaccompanied luggage mean?
- Why are Arabs arrogant
- How have the characters of The Breakfast Club changed?
- How can I get clear skin
- How do I unblock my YouTube channel
- SSC is a central or state exam
- Why was people canceled after 3 seasons
- Who is Gotham's wealthy DC elite
- What is the molecular formula of kaolin
- What does the word peripatetic really mean?
- Can an African American have white friends?
- Northerners are generally welcome to Irving TX
- Why can't I do a push-up?
- People really use voicemail
- Which nerve acts like a spinal cord?
- Should I stop using AdWords