Which axis does bipolar disorder belong to?
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Different forms are distinguished depending on the type and severity of the bipolar disease. Both the treatment strategy and the choice of a suitable drug depend on the type of bipolar disorder a person suffers from.
1. Bipolar I disorder
Both manic and depressive episodes occur in bipolar I disorder. The depressive phase lasts at least 14 days and the manic episode lasts at least 7 days and is often very pronounced and leads to negative consequences (debts, marital problems, etc.). This form of bipolar disease affects women and men equally often. It is estimated to occur in 1 to 2% of the population.
2. Bipolar II disorder
Bipolar II disorder is characterized by depressive episodes and at least one hypomanic phase that lasts at least 4 days. With an incidence of 2-4% in the population, bipolar II disorder is quite common.
3. Rapid cycling
One speaks of "rapid cycling" if at least four or more episodes of mania, hypomania or depression occur within twelve months. Mixed episodes can also occur. Only 20% of the patients show rapid cycling from the start, the high frequency often only develops later. Rapid cycling is often a complicated form of the disease, and some patients are prone to mood lability and adjustment problems even in the episode-free intervals. Overall, 15 to 20% of patients with bipolar disease have rapid cycling. Women are more often affected than men.
- How many medical websites are there
- What is the name of the national debt in Japanese
- FIFA is richer than Hollywood
- Is there really science in everything
- Are police cars bulletproof
- Is the gate test difficult
- Can worm snakes bite people?
- What exam is for vets in India
- How is the DOMAINRACER web hosting service
- What does your coolness mean
- Public opinion is important in China
- How can I lock pictures on Facebook
- How are the themes created on cell phones
- How to make pistachio ice cream
- What else does cannabis oil treat
- How can you conquer your own laziness
- Which engineering stream has the greatest scope
- Cough may cause laryngitis
- How is oatmeal processed
- Is coconut water better than water 1
- Always wake up this early
- When should you use the word pending?
- Why do kitchen cabinets have doors
- What is required to create a blog