Are HCl and NaOH a redox reaction
During the reaction of an acid (pH <7) with a base (lye) (pH> 7) the temperature of the solution increases noticeably.
The reaction takes place in aqueous solution between the OH-Ions of the base and the H+-Ions of acid instead. According to the following reaction scheme, water (pH = 7) and a salt are formed. The solution is therefore neutral (hence the name: neutralization reaction).
Acid + lye -> water + salt
Word equation: Hydrochloric acid + sodium hydroxide solution -> water + table salt
Reaction equation: HCl + NaOH -> H2O + NaCl
Ion equation: (H+ + Cl-) + (Na+ + OH-) -> H2O + (Na+ + Cl-)
Since the Na+Ions and the Cl--Ions are unchanged after the reaction, the ion equation can be written as follows:
H+ + OH- -> H2O
This simplified notation only describes the neutralization of the acid and the base and not the formation of the salt.
comment: If you use hydrochloric acid and caustic soda, water and common salt are produced. The use of other acids or alkalis generally results not e able Salts.
Danger: A lot of heat is released during the neutralization reaction. This can cause dangerous splashes. It is essential to wear protective goggles!
- Your Whois information is recorded forever
- How did Pignoli come about in Sicily, Italy
- What are your plans for today 1
- Why does Japan love wolves
- What is AWS Educate
- What does the term Mama Baer mean?
- Do you feel emotionless
- Is Hawaii a paradise
- Which was the hardest JEE Mains paper
- How does turning differ between cultures
- There is solid evidence of ghosts
- Trade stocks
- How to retweet a private account
- The knowledgeable or educated people are successful
- Which Bartoel do you use
- Is Baba Ramdev Overrated What is your opinion
- How can I learn medical meta-analysis
- What do libertarians often misunderstand about socialism?
- Why does milk boil faster than water
- Girls love ugly boys
- Why should I buy a VR headset?
- What is variable bank interest rate
- What are some air pump suppliers
- Is it worth it to run at 100 weather
- How can you describe tired eyes
- Why do R versions have funny names
- What is an industrial oxygen cylinder
- Is there a classified website owner
- Do Americans really have privacy
- What is optical camouflage
- Why is Argentina so racist
- Why is diethylamine more basic than triethylamine
- What if everyone is a god, god
- How do I deal with photographic memory