Where can I use Apex in Salesforce
Apex is a programming language for Salesforce development that acts as a pure backend technology and was specially designed for the development of business applications.
Properties of Salesforce Apex
Apex is a strongly typed and object-oriented programming language. Its syntax is similar to Java and C #. The programming language is one of three Salesforce technologies alongside Lightning and Visualforce. Apex is used exclusively in backend development, which takes place entirely on the Force.com servers.
Apex takes a uniquely productive approach to creating function and logic: Developers can concentrate fully on the elements specific to an application, while all other elements are taken over by the Force.com platform. This significantly reduces the development effort
Salesforce Apex architecture
Apex is based on the model-view-controller model. Entries made by a user on the user interface trigger processes so that a controller can make changes to the data model. The changed data model is then displayed in the view.
Apex is responsible for the manipulation of the data model, while Visualforce takes over the representation in the view.
Benefits of Salesforce Apex
Integrated: With Apex, specific features of the Force.com platform can be used, for example DML (Data Manipulation Language) calls, Inline Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) queries, call loops to call multiple data records in bulk or API calls.
In our individual Salesforce administrator training, we offer you training in the administrative area that is specially tailored to your requirements and that builds on your previous knowledge.
Easy to learn: The syntax is similar to Java, so many similar variables, expressions, and statements are used. Easy-to-understand syntax and semantics are used for new elements, resulting in efficient code.
Data-driven: Apex bundles multiple queries and DML calls within a unit of work on the Force.com server.
Strict: Apex is a strictly typed programming language that uses direct references between schema objects, such as object and field names.
Hosted: Operations are carried out entirely on the Force.com platform and controlled from there.
Multi-tenant: Apex, like the rest of the Force.com platform, runs in a multi-tenant environment. Any code that disregards the resulting limitations is displayed with an error message.
Automatically updated: If Salesforce updates are released, no code has to be rewritten. It will be updated automatically.
Easy to test: Apex is delivered with integrated tools for creating and evaluating unit tests. After an update, automatic tests are run to ensure the functionality of the code.
Versioned: The generated code can be saved for different versions of the Force.com API, so that the functionality is ensured even after updates and old versions can still be used after updates.
Development with Apex
The integrated Salesforce development environment can be used for development. It is, however, in great need of improvement. However, deficiencies can currently be compensated for using plugins. However, it is advisable to use more powerful development environments such as Cloud9 or Sublime Text, especially for more complex projects.
Whitepaper: What is Apex?
The backend technology whitepaper discusses the features and strengths of Apex.
Whitepaper: What is Apex?
FAQ & Best Practices
Do you have any questions about Apex development? Do you want to efficiently implement your Salesforce project using best practices?
With MINDFORCE, mindsquare has its own department specializing in Salesforce development. Our experts are certified Salesforce consultants and developers with cutting-edge know-how who are happy to assist you with your Apex and Salesforce challenges. Companies with large Salesforce organizations, e.g. Rocket Internet, Deutsche Messe or Hella AG, also rely on the knowledge of our MINDFORCE specialists. Contact us without obligation. We are happy to support you in finding the best solution for your requirements.
- Why do some people like the lonely life
- Does technology change or think things
- What is currently the most powerful supercomputer
- Which organs are affected by multiple sclerosis
- Who is Indore's best physics teacher
- What is the Albanian word for drone
- What is the internal process of customer support
- Why should I buy a Rocksmith guitar
- Why is hydrogen called inert gas
- Which place is better Dehradun or Thiruvananthapuram
- Can You Make Money From Facebook Videos?
- How did Commodus die
- How did you propose to a girl
- Which browser has the standard incognito mode?
- Creativity can exist without intelligence
- Why does milk boil faster than water
- Are there animals that only sleep?
- Elves are demons
- What is an umbilical cord in underwater
- Can I give Claritin to my dog
- What is your most comfortable sleeping environment
- What's your best ethical hacking story
- What if Czechoslovakia never dissolved?
- What makes you a genius in chemistry
- How can you get 100 points in accounting?
- What are ancient Indian religious beliefs
- How bad could life be
- How can I read my husband's news
- Causes acid reflux gas
- What is a PCP Certification
- What are the built-in trading rates
- Fits an SSD in every PC
- Should a student help a teacher
- How do you say satisfied in Korean