Protect your phone with a password
Android and iOS: Protect apps with a password
WhatsApp, mobile banking or private photos: Smartphones are often filled with personal information. To prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to personal data if you lose your mobile phone, you should definitely have it with one pin code, the fingerprint or one template protect. In addition, you can also secure certain apps with a password. This is useful, for example, when you consciously pass the smartphone on to a colleague or relative (e.g. children). We will explain step by step how this works with Android and iOS devices.
Secure Android apps with a password using the AppLock app
Android users can easily access apps with a so-called App lock app protect from the PlayStore. Very popular: the AppLock app from Keepsafe and Norton App Lock. With Huawei and Honor smartphones, applications can be password-protected without an additional app thanks to the integrated app lock. With Samsung smartphones, sensitive apps and files can be stored in a secure folder.
Protect apps on Samsung smartphones with a password
Anyone who owns a Samsung smartphone can Store files and apps in a secure folderwhich is protected by an additional code. Because the data / apps are encrypted separately, this protection at the system level is fairly secure. The disadvantage here is that notifications (e.g. from WhatsApp) only partially penetrate from the secure folder to the main profile.
Create a secure folder: this is how it works
1.Open the start menu (swipe down on the start screen)
2. Call up settings (gear symbol)
3. Select device protection (sometimes also "Biometric data and security")
4. Read data protection information and click on “Next”
5. Sign in to the Samsung account
6. Select the method to unlock the secure folder
7. Follow further instructions
8. Click on “Confirm”
9. Safe folder is located as an icon on the screen
|Restricting app access by “pinning a window” If a user is only to be able to access a single Android app, this can be achieved using the so-called screen pinning. That's how it's done: 1. Settings → Security → Pin Window call up 2. Pin the window activate via slide control 3. Set pattern or PIN as protection 4. Call up current apps and start fixing via PIN symbol (pin icon)|
Huawei: Integrated App Lock or PrivateSpace
With the Android-based Huawei operating system EMUI you have two simple ways to protect certain apps and files from prying eyes even without the App Lock app.
Option 1: PrivateSpace
As the name suggests, the PrivateSpace is a private area in which apps and files can be stored that other people should not have access to.
Create Huawei PrivateSpace: that's how it works
1. Open Settings
2. Security & data protection → PrivateSpace → Activate
3. Restart the device
After restarting, you get to the main profile (MainSpace). In the PrivateSpace you log in via Settings → Security & Privacy → PrivateSpace at.
Option 2: Activate app lock
The Huawei app lock offers more or less what an App Lock App can do. To do this, open the settings and navigate to the point Security & privacy → App lock. Here you can then select the apps that you want to assign a password.
|Alternative: create a second profile A second user profile can be created on almost all current Android smartphones (regardless of the manufacturer). This is another way of neatly separating private and not-so-private apps. That's how it's done: Settings → User and Accounts → Users → Add user → OK|
Protect iOS apps with a password
Many iPhone apps are password-protected by default. These include, for example, PayPal, Dropbox and a number of online banking apps. Other iOS apps can be protected from unauthorized access by “restrictions”. A link with FaceID or TouchID is also possible with many apps.
Activate iOS restrictions: this is how it works
1. Settings call
2. To the menu item Screen time → restrictions navigate
3. Enter the user code
4th option Restrictions Activate using the slider
5. Allowed apps Select and define apps access using the slider
Image source: pixabay.com/de/photos/technologie-lumia-mobil-smartphone-1940695/
- Why is the WhatsDog app no longer active
- Have a weak vocabulary problem
- Is phenergan an opiate
- What is half of 30 million
- Is the Quora Android app a web view
- Can you live without fairy tales
- Why doesn't a retrovirus infect bacteria?
- How do you transpose a 3x3 matrix
- Leonardo da Vinci had brothers
- What is the namespace in c
- The Octroi tax also applies in Delhi
- How can I beat direct mutual funds
- What happens after you fall in love
- If 18 32x 44 what is x
- What is AWS Educate
- What is anhydrous acetic acid
- Is BITSAT harder than JEE Mains
- What was your weight when you came to NDA
- How to cook breadfruit
- What is the chemical formula of butanol
- What are the 5 most common fears
- Are pilots excited for Sully to watch the movie
- How is the working culture of IndiaMARTs
- How much does a notary public in Louisiana make