The North Pole has already melted
At the global level, the melting of the polar ice caps will likely accelerate global warming because the refraction of solar radiation decreases. Because ice reflects 80 percent of solar radiation, soil without vegetation 30 percent and sea water only 7 percent. The permafrost ground on which houses and roads were built are already beginning to thaw in places. The warming also releases the methane bound in the soil by the cold, which, as an important greenhouse gas, in turn leads to warming.
Despite these dangers, the Arctic Council, which was founded in 1996 and includes the USA, Canada and Russia, has not been able to agree on a single countermeasure. The melting of the North Pole cap does not in itself lead to the rise of the world's oceans, since the ice is already floating on the water. However, as the Greenland ice sheet and terrestrial glaciers recede, sea levels could rise significantly.
Sea level is already rising
The data from the research satellite “Topex-Poseidon” shows an annual rise in sea level of 2.4 millimeters, which extrapolated to mean 25 centimeters by the turn of the next century. But more and more computer models are predicting an increase of one or even several meters if the melting process continues in certain regions of the Antarctic.
Despite remaining uncertainties, it is assumed that one third of the phenomenon is caused solely by the expansion of the seawater heated by the greenhouse effect. A second third would come from the melting of the glaciers. According to recent research, the South Pole also contributes around 15 percent to the remaining third.
- Why is austerity necessary in Greece
- Why can't I recycle egg cartons
- Which is the best laptop under 85k
- What are some major subjects related to chemistry
- What is a deer
- Regular yogurt is just strained Greek yogurt
- What's your favorite neighborhood in Denver
- Which ECE jobs are available
- What does Jebusite mean
- What are the benefits of snake plants
- What podcast recommendation engines are there
- Masturbating is addicting
- Justin Timberlake is famous in India
- How is Garnier Color Naturals
- Why am I intimidated by dominant women
- What this hot dog meme is supposed to be
- Do you know songs about social anxiety?
- Hurricane Florence was as bad as expected
- What is sin x 2
- What exactly happens in a collision
- As you know, the sentence is superfluous
- Nouns can be conjugated
- How common is it to be multiracial?
- Where does Kevin Durant stand all this time
- Is 3bhk possible in 900 sq ft
- What makes a person a powerful speaker?
- How does Soluto work
- How do I understand empathy
- When was the video invented
- How does subliminal conditioning affect me?
- Are Facebook friend requests real
- Secretly control the Episcopal Church of America
- What are prisons used for?
- Can you play the guitar without a speaker