Give an example of studying history
Welcome to the historical seminar of EMU
The two-subject bachelor's degree in history conveys relevant skills for fields of activity and professional fields both within and outside of science. The focus is on the following strengths, which you can acquire or deepen through this degree:
In the lectures and seminars, you will acquire both general knowledge and, using individual examples, in-depth scientific knowledge of individual areas of human activity in the past. You will develop an understanding of developments and structural problems in different epochs of history.
This past expertise is always valuable, for example, when it comes to assessing and evaluating human decisions and actions. Because the recourse to the scientifically analyzed past helps a lot in assessing today's situations and ultimately in drawing conclusions.
When preparing term papers, presentations and the bachelor thesis, you will learn how to efficiently and purposefully obtain information on different topics.
In a working world of excessive information opportunities, research skills are necessary for both independent and additional activities in order to prepare reflective decisions. In addition, this competence enables you to acquire further knowledge at a scientific level - whether in your own or in a foreign subject.
Analysis competence and source criticism
The source-critical instruments of historical studies acquired and applied in seminars and exercises enable you to classify statements according to their origin, the interests of the authors and those of the addressees. You can thus use your analytical methodological knowledge in order to be able to assess, evaluate and evaluate facts in a differentiated manner.
Together with the research competence, for example, the important ability to evaluate information available in the professional context, to make decisions based on this and to derive consequences - for the team, for your superiors, or for yourself.
Historical cultural competence
In module 7 (introduction to history didactics or history culture) you acquire the basics to convey history outside of the academic world and publicly.
The knowledge and methods in the field of historical culture facilitate entry into typical professional fields of extracurricular history teaching, e.g. in museums, cultural institutions and specialist publishers, but also in agencies and institutions that focus on "histotainment" in exhibitions, television, the Internet and other media dedicate.
Presentations, term papers and the bachelor thesis train you to express yourself orally and in writing in a way that is appropriate for the target group by processing information and presenting it in an understandable manner.
These are important qualifications in almost all areas of activity in which you have to win and convince others. This competence is particularly important for communicative professional fields, e.g. in journalism, in public relations and press work, but also, for example, for the museum area (e.g. for the creation of catalog texts) and also for the editing area.
Organization and time management
You will learn to organize your own working hours for the preparation and follow-up of courses and exams and to finish your homework on time. For group presentations in seminars, you will practice making team processes efficient. And finally, with the bachelor thesis, you prove that you can manage a small scientific project independently.
Independent work as well as efficient team coordination are highly valued characteristics in those fields of activity that are characterized by great autonomy, as well as especially for project tasks and first management tasks (e.g. supervision of interns).
(Developed with the technical support of the WWU Career Service | as of April 29, 2016)
- A bacteriophage is a virus
- Learning many languages is financially beneficial
- How can I become a bitcoin exchange
- What happened to Hiroshima
- In which county is Sunnyvale, California
- What is your definition of good enough
- Did iOS 12 make your iPhone slow
- Which plants are easy to root
- What are the Biggest Cellular Companies
- Well, open car is a platform
- How much does a cosmetology school cost
- People in Pakistan watch Baahubali
- Are you ever jealous of your spouse?
- Should I change my career 2
- When will you stop worrying?
- Which big cats live the longest
- Why are thought experiments important to philosophers
- Why is Mike Tyson so overrated
- How is the algorithm design done
- Why aren't YouTube videos playing on Quora?
- What is the difference between cleaning and cleaning
- Which microorganisms contaminate food
- What is defect management
- What is the ideal tailwind speed when flying?
- Should the food industry be nationalized
- What is Risk Perception
- What is eATM
- What are some math science films
- What do barrel beetles eat
- Why does the App Store have ads
- What is sheet metal design used for?
- What are the best video game suggestions
- You can track an email from Gmail
- Will phablets replace tablets