Is coconut water better than water 1
Coconut water: how healthy is this trendy drink really?
This is what makes coconut water so popular
It has just as many calories as apple spritzer, for example, and is currently the in-drink: coconut water. It has been a trend in the USA for a long time, and the wave has now also spilled over to Germany. Coconut water or coconut water is considered to be low in calories, rich in minerals and healthy. Is the hype about the supposed all-rounder justified?
Important: There is a big difference between coconut water and coconut milk. Coconut milk is pureed coconut meat from ripe coconuts. Coconut milk has a rather creamy consistency. With 230 calories and 24 grams of fat per 100 milliliters, it is very high in calories and fat. In contrast, coconut water has only 15 to 20 calories per 100 grams and contains virtually no fat. Coconut water is the liquid from the still unripe, green coconut. 0.33 liters cost - depending on the manufacturer and whether it is an organic brand or not - between 1.50 and 3 euros.
Athletes in particular swear by coconut water
The antioxidants contained in coconut water render the so-called free radicals harmless. These arise in the body through UV radiation, medication or stress. Free radicals accelerate the aging process and promote the development of cancer. That explains the designation as beauty water. Because coconut water acts as a radical catcher, among other things, preventing skin aging.
Coconut water owes its reputation as a sports drink mainly to its high potassium content. Potassium plays an important role in the transmission of stimuli to muscle and nerve cells and in regulating the fluid balance in the body. In addition, the content of sodium, calcium and magnesium contribute to its isotonic effect. Its total concentration of dissolved substances therefore corresponds to our blood. After a strenuous exercise program, coconut water helps to replace the electrolytes and nutrients that have been sweated out.
It must be said, however, that the minerals contained in coconut water, such as sodium, calcium and magnesium, are also found in corresponding amounts in mineral-rich drinking water. And apple spritzers after training have a similar effect to coconut water - but only cost a fraction of that.
- What is 3 plus 2
- Why are heaven and hell not capitalized?
- What is it like to be in bioinformatics
- How do you force a restart of a surface
- Why are Manila Envelopes called Manila
- Freezes carbonated water like normal water
- What color are freckles
- What is the troposphere and stratosphere
- What's wrong with South America
- Is Playboi Carti better than 2Pac
- Will streaming services survive
- Eating papaya makes the skin glow
- Is yoga all about health and fitness?
- How can you make someone snore
- What will happen when humanity ends
- What is break-even point analysis
- How do I find a pound symbol
- How many parts of the sentence are there
- Conducts carbon fiber heat
- Why are my nails orange in color?
- How have elephant tribes developed over time
- OxyContin is a pharmaceutical grade heroin
- Doctors should advise patients to quit smoking
- The Japanese population is aging