How many users do Fitocracy
Your workout as a game, or: Give your fitness a level-up!
I found out about http://www.fitocracy.com/ some time ago. Articles in the usual geek blogs were very euphoric on the subject. Unfortunately, the posted invite codes were always taken. In the meantime, the press has also become aware of the site:
Fitocracy in the December 2011 issue of Popular Mechanics!
I was lucky this weekend, though, and got hold of a code. Therefore, here is a short review of the site first.
What is Fitocracy?
The basic idea is: treat your fitness like a game. Workouts give you points. The more points, the higher your level. For certain workouts you get “achievements” other workouts are “quests” - both give a “badges” a kind of medal for the achievement.
In the simplest case, the page only serves as a workout tracker. You enter your training and see your progress with the individual exercises. With the points you still get a virtual "Well done." Other users can comment on workouts or give a “props” if they find a performance good.
This works in a similar way to other social networks such as Facebook. Imagine a Facebook for athletes. "Klaus did 100 pushups - Gabi likes that." With Fitocracy it looks like this:
What are the advantages?
One of the main aspects is the tracking of the workouts. This point alone makes it sensible to use this tool. The social aspect is also very motivating. Every now and then you get a nice comment, or just "props." There are also tons of other interest groups in the community. From certain nutritional variants such as leangains and paleo diets to followers of certain workout systems (RossTraining, ConvictConditioning) to musical styles or hobbies.
The gimmick here is the game aspect. Every exercise I do improves my virtual self. Every push-up brings me closer to level-up. This weekend I even did 50 crunches to bag a quest. I never do crunches, I prefer the plank or leg raises as an abdominal muscle exercise. But when I discovered the quest, I just got caught up in collecting and I wanted to have this quest. So I did the 50 crunches.
The site also offers tools to monitor the development of certain exercises - but I can't comment on that after a few days.
Are you also interested?
The beta phase is over - you can now simply register at http://www.fitocracy.com/.
So, let's start training!
- Matthias on December 5th, 2011 at 2:06 pm
- Lenny on December 5th, 2011 at 3:42 pm
- snirgel on December 5th, 2011 at 2:29 pm
- Benjamin Schramm on December 5th, 2011 at 2:37 pm
- alex on December 5th, 2011 at 5:32 pm
- tyler on December 5th, 2011 at 7:10 pm
- Lenny on December 6th, 2011 at 12:54 am
- Jasper on December 5th, 2011 at 11:43 pm
- snirgel on December 6th, 2011 at 11:39 am
- Lenny on December 6th, 2011 at 3:44 pm
- Chris on December 6th, 2011 at 12:27 pm
- Sebastian on December 6th, 2011 at 1:18 pm
- Daniela on December 6th, 2011 at 1:32 pm
- Mankai on December 6th, 2011 at 1:51 pm
- Dominik on December 6th, 2011 at 2:58 pm
- Karl on December 6th, 2011 at 4:12 pm
- Lenny on December 6th, 2011 at 6:49 pm
- Sergej on December 6th, 2011 at 5:21 pm
- Corinna on December 6th, 2011 at 11:44 pm
- Sven on December 7th, 2011 at 10:02 am
- chris on December 8th, 2011 at 1:49 am
- AMA-Haltingen on December 8th, 2011 at 10:42 am
- Lenny on December 8th, 2011 at 4:00 pm
- Kathrin on December 8th, 2011 at 4:58 pm
- Gunnar on December 9th, 2011 at 10:44 pm
- Eva on December 11th, 2011 at 10:52 am
- Kaki on December 12th, 2011 at 1:40 pm
- Lenny on December 12th, 2011 at 2:07 pm
- Max on December 13th, 2011 at 4:21 pm
- Lenny on December 14th, 2011 at 4:48 pm
- Marcel on December 16, 2011 at 1:43 am
- Lenny on December 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm
- Marc on December 20th, 2011 at 12:05 am
- Lenny on December 20th, 2011 at 1:25 pm
- Vini on December 27th, 2011 at 8:02 pm
- Felix on December 30th, 2011 at 7:05 pm
- Chris on December 30th, 2011 at 9:56 pm
- Lenny on December 31, 2011 at 5:49 pm
- JediMindTricks on January 2nd, 2012 at 10:32 pm
- Ricardo IBK on January 3rd, 2012 at 1:20 am
- Lenny on January 3rd, 2012 at 1:57 pm
- Dennis on January 9th, 2012 at 6:51 pm
- Lenny on January 9th, 2012 at 6:54 pm
- Dennis on January 9th, 2012 at 7:32 pm
- Lenny on January 9th, 2012 at 11:00 pm
- Dennis on January 12th, 2012 at 4:31 pm
- Lenny on January 12th, 2012 at 5:23 pm
- Marc on January 17th, 2012 at 5:12 pm
- Lenny on January 17th, 2012 at 6:33 pm
- Marc on January 18th, 2012 at 1:26 am
- Lenny on January 18th, 2012 at 11:42 am
- tr7ozan on January 18th, 2012 at 11:58 am
- Lenny on January 18th, 2012 at 1:52 pm
- tr7ozan on January 18th, 2012 at 2:21 pm
- tr7ozan on January 18th, 2012 at 2:23 pm
- Lenny on January 18th, 2012 at 2:34 pm
- Jan on January 24th, 2012 at 1:20 am
- Lenny on January 24th, 2012 at 6:12 am
- Can technology empower survivors
- What is gear nomenclature
- Can you be a millionaire by farming
- The millennial entrepreneurship is increasing
- How long is the rebirth true?
- SSC is a central or state exam
- How are agglutinative languages like Malayalam tokenized
- I could study at MIT Premed
- Why does my cat purr a lot
- What are drains made of
- What's your favorite celebrity recommendation
- What is differentiation in physics
- Amazon is the first e-commerce store
- Lady Diana was innocent
- What are some dead majors
- Is Baba Ramdev Overrated What is your opinion
- Can extend Java to multiple classes
- What does chemistry teach
- India needs a change
- How did Rakuten gain a foothold outside of Japan
- What is stone sickness
- What is a Pixel 1
- I am emotionally numb, how do I quit
- What are the rules for driving lanes in California
- What are external links in SEO
- What is the authorization for the CCIE security laboratory
- Are conservatives the new punks in society?
- Can blockchain technology be forged
- What are the benefits of collaborative learning
- What reasons will help keep you positive
- Luanda has a subway system
- Can Alan Turing solve P against NP
- What does net charge mean