What are the rules for driving lanes in California
How do lanes work in the US?
At the entrance to a carpool lane, a sign always shows how many people are required in each vehicle to be eligible as situations are sometimes different.
The sign can read "ONLY CARPOOL - 2 OR MORE PEOPLE PER VEHICLE".
In the Los Angeles area, almost all lanes have at least 2 passengers.
I've only seen one case where it took three passengers. At the time of my visit in 2009, the freeway east of Union Station to El Monte had passenger requests based on the time and day of the week. In normal hours, 2 passengers were enough; On weekdays with peak times, the requirement was 3 passengers.
Be careful around the area: there is now a new system called ExpressLanes that runs on the I-10 and I-110 freeways. The concept is that people who are not allowed to enter the lane can buy their way by paying a toll instead of being fined. The toll is collected electronically and uses a mandatory transponder. Legitimate passengers who previously only drove through the lane must now have the transponder on ExpressLanes, even if no toll is charged for them. The transponder has a switch to display the number of occupants.
Other motorways still have the "classic" lanes.
- How can environmental pollution be reduced technologically?
- How does BJT work in saturation mode
- Which is the most overrated financial advice
- How much is three plus three
- Is it worth buying a radar detector
- How is mechanical engineering at Nirma University
- How can liver disease cause hypoproteinemia
- Is nitrogen a polar compound
- How did the Beatles get to know the Maharishi
- Where can a person learn digital photography
- Is biotechnology useful or not
- Why are pointers needed in C
- Is the world against bipolar people
- Why do they call it the West End
- What was the Sarajevo incident of 1914
- Is it worth investing in DVR stocks
- Is Fiji water actually healthier for you?
- What is a good phone alarm app
- What is the most dangerous poison
- Why is the oil pump gear plastic
- Why are peanuts political in Bangalore
- What surnames fall under Saraswat Bhatt Brahmins
- Why was DC Extended Universe created