Good college is important in CSE

ELS Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH)

Language courses with a maximum of 18 hours per week

You need NO VISA for language courses with a maximum of 18 hours per week ("holiday courses") that do not last longer than a maximum of 12 weeks. For such language courses, all you need to do is register online to enter the United States. (Cost of the so-called ESTA- Registration: 14 USD, payable by credit card). Such an online registration as a USA tourist is also possible at relatively short notice up to about 1 week before entering the USA.

Before you register, you can use an ESTA examiner to find out whether you are even authorized to register. They fall under the category "Visitor"if you want to do a course of up to 18 hours per week with a duration of less than 90 days.

Language courses with more than 18 hours per week

All language courses in the USA with more than 18 hours of lessons per week exist VISA REQUIREMENT.

For these language courses a "F1 Study Visa" be requested. You will receive the application form for this visa after your registration from the language institute carrying out the application via CollegeCouncil. Since the application requires a personal appointment at the embassy or consulate of the USA in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich, please plan at least 6 weeks in advance during the application period. The F-1 visa costs USD 300 including SEVIS fees.

You need one to enter the USA machine readable passport.

A fee is due for the visa application, the Machine Readable Visa Fee, or MRV for short. It is currently US $ 160. Payment is made through the Visa service provider CGI Stanley. For this it is necessary to register on the website. Possible payment methods are online payment with debit card, bank transfer, instant transfer or cash at the bank.

Important: Make a note of the CGI reference or transfer number! It is required to make an appointment for the visa interview and must be brought with you to the interview.

Anyone applying for an F-Visa for a language course or other study in the USA is obliged to pay the so-called SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). This fee is currently US $ 200. This fee can be paid by CollegeCouncil for the participants.