What is the best rockabilly guitar
Home Training: Americana - 10 Rockabilly Licks You Need To Know!
Aloha and welcome to the fourth installment of the Americana workshop. Today everything revolves around rockabilly.
As an introduction to the style, which is made up of country, blues, hiccups and the obligatory lard, there are 10 licks of the most stylish guitarists of the fifties.
(The notes / tabs can be enlarged by clicking on them!)
A cool intro by Paul Burlison, the guitarist of the Johnny Burnette Trio, which mixes G major, G mixo and G minor in an anarchic way. The jazz theorist is getting gray hair - but it sounds cool!
The G power chord and the minor third are enough to accompany the rockabilly boogie .... Listen to the complete song that starts in minor, but continues with the IV and V in major.
This intro to “All By Myself” is very close to country and only needs the E major pentatonic and two bends - ideally hit close to the bridge for the right twang!
Scotty Moore uses Travis picking to accompany one of my favorite King songs.
A fun solo lick that starts with double stops and a bass line and ends in A mixolydian.
In the Heartbreak Hotel there is nothing to laugh about, but the blues with the E minor pentatonic and a dirty semitone bend at the end.
Cliff Gallup's signature lick that appears in almost every rockabilly song. Pull it off, baby!
Chromatics, fourths, diminished fifths ... sounds almost jazzy, but it's pure rock'n roll.
The three-way slider and numerous double stops create the Chuck Berry sound.
An I-VI-IV-V with dismantled chords is the standard accompaniment for the rockabilly bouncer ballad and all "teenagers in love" ... (languishing!)
Have fun with the licks and until the next episode, in which we will delve a little deeper into the matter. As always, you can get rid of feedback, criticism and requests at [email protected]
(published in Guitar & Bass 07/2019)
You might be interested in that too
- Why is Lands End Lands End
- What was your strangest crossing
- Which is the dominant gender
- Where can I catch a pigfish
- What is the limestone mining process
- Can the BJP Ajit Powar trust
- What are Mohanlal's most underrated films
- How do I maintain my vacuum
- What are ideas to protect nature
- How do I join the CSK class
- When was the African Union officially founded?
- How is Stephen King personally?
- What is a really cool networking tip
- What is the relationship theory in leadership
- Which lake is near Chicago?
- What are some startups in mechanical engineering
- How was the British Army in World War II
- Oxygen causes aging
- Lymes disease can lead to a neurological disorder
- What is an important use of petroleum
- Why does Australia not have AC heating units
- What is the most stressful surgical specialty
- What degree can journalism have as an elective?
- What is the lethal dosage of fat
- Emits uranium radiation
- How should a medical student study
- What is a general rule about referees
- Google phones overtake the iPhone
- How would you be a good narrator
- What is PhD and MD
- How does Logentries work compared to other products
- Where can you see the film Home
- How tough was Bruce Lee
- How do I strengthen my voice