Why did Chicago cancel public school classes
Scientific facts fascinate the audience
“Science Fiction - Science Facts”: This was the motto under which the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich looked into the future on their Science Days - because what sounds like fiction today could perhaps be commonplace tomorrow. 20,000 to 30,000 visitors took advantage of the opportunity at «Scientifica» to receive answers directly from researchers to questions such as: Can one ever grow food on Mars or extract fuels from sunlight and air? Is a quantum computer possible? Will surgeons wear augmented reality glasses during surgery?
At over 50 stands, in 34 short lectures and at various shows, around 400 scientists presented their research in lively discussions, with interactive experiments or as a science slam. The Science Cafés were also popular - a particularly suitable format for dealing with topics that are currently being discussed intensively in public.
Participants in the discussion with very different views debated with the audience about the “curse or blessing of gene modification”, “artificial intelligence in everyday life” or “conveying scientific facts in times of fake news”
Solid facts as a basis for discussion
Michael Schaepman, Vice-Rector for Research at UZH, explains what the basis for good discussions is: “In controversial social and political discussions, one should rely on solid knowledge and not on speculation. Universities like ETH and UZH provide such basic scientific data and facts ». The Vice Rector also states: "In times of fake news, it is particularly important that we contribute to the public discussion with our research, identify trends and point out possible consequences - for example at Scientifica."
- Superman ever lies
- What have peasant girls done
- What are the most common consequences of autocorrelation
- How many users does Steam have in total?
- When was floss invented?
- Who is the strongest willed anime character
- Why does Guinness take longer to pour?
- How do I deal with communication barriers
- What is the latest news from Hollywood
- Is memorization necessary for understanding
- Why do we need an Android app
- What is zcash
- Is sodium sulfate acid or base
- What do children do on Halloween
- Helps self-taught in improving learner retention
- Is there a non-written programming language
- Spanish is a white language
- Can you decipher the word IMVOE?
- Can a woman be a Si Fu
- Are there reliable predictors for a recession?
- What is half of 30 million
- Why need Android app authorization
- How can I get Nepalese songs online
- Most people take success too seriously