What happens during the root canal treatment
Root canal treatment - procedure, duration and costs
Root canal treatment can be the last resort to save a dead tooth. Surgical interventions on the tooth root make it possible to preserve inflamed teeth that were simply pulled in the past. Thanks to modern technology, a root canal treatment has many advantages. If you are about to have a root canal treatment or just want to find out more, this article will provide you with the most important information.
What is a root canal treatment?
A root canal treatment or root canal treatment is a dental treatment. During the treatment, a dead or inflamed tooth must be treated in such a way that it is preserved. The treating dentist removes existing bacteria and germs. The function of the tooth must be restored during this treatment. With a successful root canal treatment, your tooth can last for years.
When is root canal treatment necessary?
Root canal treatment aims to preserve a sick or damaged tooth and is often the last resort. Root inflammation is a common reason for treatment. In the case of a root inflammation, bacteria attack the tooth substance. If this is not recognized in time, the bacteria can get to the root of the tooth. The penetration of bacteria into the interior of the tooth thus causes inflammation of the tooth root. Root canal treatment is often required when inserting a crown. If the dentist has to remove a lot of the tooth substance, the pulp is partially or completely exposed. This promotes the penetration of bacteria, which is why the dentist often completely removes the pulp.
Why is a tooth infected?
If you have inflammation or disease of the dental nerve, it is usually caused by tooth decay. When tooth decay progresses, the pulp reacts to the stimulus. The inside of the tooth tries to encapsulate itself through the resulting inflammation. In the worst case, this can lead to the death of your dental nerve. In addition to tooth decay, periodontitis and severe grinding can lead to a disease of the inside of the tooth.
Which signs of inflammation require a root canal treatment?
If your tooth root has become inflamed, this can also be done without pain or discomfort. Possible symptoms of a sensation of pain are sensation of hot and cold, discomfort when biting, headache and jaw pain, throbbing and spontaneous pain.
How long does a root canal treatment take?
The duration of treatment is individual and depends on whether it is an initial or a revision treatment. The length of a session depends on the technique and instruments the dentist uses and the degree of inflammation in your teeth. A root canal treatment can take up to three hours.
- Bending tests can be carried out on composite materials
- What size do girls like
- Can anyone understand anything in physics
- How should I learn watercolor
- All women also grow armpit hair
- Why did Perseus need Medusa's head
- Is bear spray good for self-defense
- Which countries have good relations with Sweden?
- How many users does Photobucket have
- Can you summarize Google Nose
- What do you think of American Southerner
- Is taking tramadol helpful in codeine withdrawal?
- Which talent is basically a superpower
- Are the Maldives an overrated tourist destination
- Why is critical thinking not taught in school?
- Is GDS service a task for the central government
- What is the evidence for Lord Shiva
- What is the future of MBA graduates
- Who is the writer from Tolkappiyam
- Should I learn Hebrew or Arabic?
- How is that a pure function
- France is experiencing another revolution
- What is the softest measurable sound
- What is Vladimir Putin's favorite sport