Why sell bestsellers
The best-selling products on Amazon in 2021: What to sell online now
Download our FREE Practical Guide and Checklist to make it easier for you to read and share with your colleagues. Find out what to sell on eBay and Amazon!
The best-selling products on Amazon in 2021
First of all when we come across that best-selling item on Amazon It doesn't necessarily mean that you should be selling those specific products. Your final decision will depend on several factors, such as: B. on the competition, the demand in the markets in which you are selling, your specific business situation and so on.
Presumably will no strategy guarantee that you pick a best seller every time. You may even have to experiment with a few different items.
In addition, you should research the market first every time you want to add new products. Make sure the product is still in demand at the time you sell it.
Nevertheless, your effort should of course be worth it.
So far it seems that personal care items, games, puzzles and fitness equipment are among the top products on offer for 2021.
For this reason, you should consider listing the following of your best performing items on Amazon:
- Face masks, e.g. B. Peel-off face masks
- Nail polishes
- Hair care products
- Fitness articles
- Yoga mats
- Water bottles
- Exercise bands
- Games and puzzles
- Board games
- Protective laptop sleeves.
At the same time, keep in mind that the coronavirus is making the future a little tricky as shoppers may not have as much money to spend on personal items or gifts.
On the other hand, in the age of social distancing and quarantine, many people turn to Amazon for their personal needs and entertainment.
Also note the other predicted bestseller categories, such as:
- Camera & photo
- Pet supplies
- Books: Consistently some of the best-selling items, especially e-books sold through the Kindle store
- Toys & games
- Clothing, shoes & jewelry
- House & kitchen.
Maybe you should choose the category Avoid CD & Vinylas sales for these products drop dramatically due to music streaming services.
The information we've covered so far can already give you some suggestions. However, to maximize your chances, we should dig a little more into the matter.
Best-selling products according to the Amazon bestseller page
A good starting point for identifying the best-selling items on Amazon is to have a list of current bestsellers that the platform itself maintains. You can find bestseller lists for international marketplaces, including the US, UK, Canada, Spain, or Germany.
These lists show the items that are selling the most across the site. They show the most popular products per category, from toys to books to video games. Amazon's bestseller list is updated every hour.
The screenshot below shows what was popular at the time we started researching for this post in March.
However, when using the Amazon bestseller lists, keep in mind that:
- Products found on the bestsellers page can be very competitive: after all, every seller has access to this information.
- Sales of certain products could be in decline right now. As a result, you would get in exactly when the product is no longer in great demand.
- Some of the best-selling products may not have large sales margins and are not profitable.
Nevertheless, we recommend that you make sure that what sells best and is trendy. Get ideas for similar products and have a look in the "Other customers also bought" section. This can give you ideas to customize your product portfolio in such a way that your e-commerce business grows in unimagined ways.
Best seller on Amazon: software for product research
Identifying the best selling products is more complicated than just looking at the Amazon bestseller list. It's just the first step and a way to get ideas. Unfortunately, it is impossible to find all the relevant information there.
The fact is you have a rather more scientific approach need. You need to know the stats behind each product before deciding to invest in this one:
- What are their average monthly sales?
- How many other people are selling it?
- What is the average price, the average reviews or the sales figures?
- What kind of sales margins can you expect?
- Are sales going up or down?
Therefore, consider Product research tools third-party providers who can show you this information, such as: B. AMZScout Product Database and Pro Extension.
What to Sell on Amazon: Criteria
When you are about to select products to sell on Amazon:
#1. Check out the best selling products for each category and look for trending items.
#2. Opt for items with high demand (or some demand): an item doesn't have to sell in bulk per day. However, every product for sale should generate at least 10 sales per day.
#3. Avoid being too trending or seasonal so that you have constant sales all year round. Selling products that are in demand 24/7/365 will help you achieve lasting growth.
#4. Avoid choosing highly saturated markets, consider international markets.
#5. Find a niche market with constant demand: In general, buyers don't just “rummage” on Amazon, they look for something specific, such as B. "Cookbooks for the Instant Pot". This is much more targeted than “cookbooks”. You can use a Chrome extension to research products in a niche market. For example “Jungle Scout” to see the monthly sales of products or products with low competition.
#6. Consider products with low competition that could indicate an untapped market (selling big branded products can mean too much competition). There might be high demand for a product, but not many sellers are offering it. Why not grab it and offer a really good version of this article?
#7. Use existing product reviews. For example, the number of reviews could indicate how often a product has been bought or how long a product / offer has been around. A low number of ratings in the range of 4-5 stars could mean that the product is developing into a top seller (there is potential and probably little competition).
#8. Consider products that are inexpensive to purchase / manufacture.
#9. Test the product quality before investing. Check samples from your suppliers. This is especially important with Amazon FBA.
#10. Choose products that are easy to ship: Be careful with items that are fragile, fragile, easy to damage, or perishable.
#11. Find out about shipping costs and Amazon seller fees so you can narrow down your decision. For example, a two-pound item is light and easy to ship, which can help reduce your shipping fees.
#12. Consider creating your own brand. Private label products can be cheaper to buy compared to big names, so you can make more profit from them. Plus, you have control over how you market and present the product (however, you still need to design your own logo and packaging and build a customer base).
Finally, research top sellers on other marketplaces for more information and identify product gaps. For example, check out the best-selling items on eBay.
What to Sell on Amazon FBA
When asked what to sell on Amazon FBA, keep in mind that it is a "price-driven" marketplace. That means people visit the website to find the best deal. Your products must therefore be attractive to your target group and often be in a certain price range.
When you sell on Amazon FBA, the criteria for the products you select to sell remain the same as when you sell on Amazon and manage and ship the orders yourself.
What to Sell on Amazon FBA: Product Criteria
- As a general rule, it is better to avoid selling well-known or designer branded products. Most Amazon buyers are interested in decent products that are reasonably priced.
- Offering products under your own brand name and with a little something extra, e.g. faster shipping, can give you an edge over your competitors.
- Choosing small and lightweight products will save you additional storage fees in the case of items that are slow to sell. In addition, the bigger and heavier the product, the higher the shipping costs.
- Choose straightforward products so that you avoid potential customer problems, as in the case of electronics. Clothing and shoes also show a certain degree of diversity with (international) sizes, different colors and styles.
- Some goods, e.g. Products such as groceries, toys, batteries, or beauty products may require certification or paperwork that can be difficult and frustrating to obtain.
Also, drag one Selling price between € 10 and € 50 into consideration. Products that you offer and sell under $ 10 are unlikely to make a decent profit unless you sell in bulk. Products over $ 50 have the potential to be more profitable, but fewer buyers may be interested in them.
Products that are sold for less than 50 € are usually in the range of "spontaneous purchase" prices. Between € 10 and € 50 should be “cheap enough” for buyers to make a quick decision. That means you probably won't have to think long about buying it.
Best Selling Items on Amazon (FBA): Selling niche products
Consider narrowing your research down to where the product you're selling is so unique that there is significantly less competition. This way, you should only attract interested buyers and your product should also be easier for searchers to find.
If you don't already have a niche in the market, start with the following basics:
- What are the most searched search terms on Amazon?
- Which products are the most successful?
- How big is the demand for the product and how big is the competition?
- How high are the expected sales margins?
You can also use a Gap in the market find by simple organic search. For example, entering “women's leggings” can achieve over 100,000 results (competitive) compared to the more targeted input of “bicycle leggings women pink”.
Many people may already be selling leggings, but there may be a certain style, color, or type of leggings that is missing from the website.
You can also find a niche in the market by clicking Customer reviews read in your product market niche. You can find out that customers are dissatisfied with current brands and want something that you can offer or intend to offer.
What to Sell on Amazon (FBA): Example of Niche Products
Pet supplies. This is a popular category, but many vendors offer standard dog training aids. Therefore, consider whether you can limit the selection to very specific training aids, such as the clicker and then possibly even further to the clicker with a hand strap.
The best-selling products on Amazon change regularly, and there is no magic bullet to get it right every time. However, the criteria for deciding what to sell on the platform remain the same.
Offering products with a certain added value is more important than ever.
Amazon is competitive, so making sure you can really offer something of value is wise.
While Amazon is one of the most profitable marketplaces to sell, you shouldn't limit your selling opportunities to this platform. Find out about the best-selling items on other ecommerce sites and consider expanding to other marketplaces!
Webinterpret enables sellers from Amazon, eBay and other marketplaces to sell their product offerings more effectively in international markets through localized versions. For a FREE analysis of your international sales potential, contact our experts in cross-border trade.
About the author
Karolina Kulach is an expert in the field of content marketing and non-fiction author, specializing in global e-commerce and online sales trends. Trained in linguistics (MA) and business administration (BA Hons). A well-traveled person with international education & work experience in London, Scotland, Poland and Germany. In her spare time, she engages in creative content ideas, including fancy rhyming poems. Read more articles on Medium: https://medium.com/@karolinakulach/
- Parkinson's medication helps
- Does wearing a hat affect your brain
- Why do we use stocks
- How are metals and non-metals formed
- Do criminal defense lawyers on a volunteer basis
- The importance of Magna Cartas is exaggerated
- Is volunteering just free labor
- How important is good citizenship
- Where can I boost Spotify games
- How and where is the advice given
- How does Facebook compete with Snapchat
- Medical marijuana dispensaries make money
- Can someone die of happy surprises?
- What does an F 1 status mean
- Will mass immigration to Israel ever stop?
- Use weight lifting gloves
- Is it on the street or on the street
- What is the unnecessarily most complicated language
- What is a computerized axial tomography
- Is gnocchi gluten free
- The Facebook chat sidebar can be customized
- Are there any research areas in accounting
- Why shouldn't I take ibuprofen with me?
- What has lowered your self-esteem extremely
- What is the process of Paytm KYC
- What percentage of the Kickstarter projects are funded
- How do you say whatever in Swedish
- Who owns a hotel social media account
- What is a 3105 aluminum locking plate
- How do I get my dream
- Should I burst my pilonid cyst
- How can you love biology
- Why is math so important in school