How does it work at Infosys
Create and edit Scope project
- TE13xx | TC3 ScopeView
- Create and edit Scope project
To enable a quick start and to simplify work with the TwinCAT 3 Scope software oscilloscope, important information is summarized on the following pages and the first steps are briefly described.
A Scope Server is always installed with a Scope View, as otherwise no stored data could be displayed locally in the View. In contrast to this, the Scope component installation can also install the Scope Server on a target device without Scope View.
Regardless of whether you have installed the Scope View via its own setup or via the TwinCAT 3 XAE setup, the "Base" licenses are initially activated for Scope View and server. The overview shows which license key can be used to activate which functionality.
3. Create a new project
The Measurement Wizard supports you in creating and configuring a user-defined Measurement Scope project by automatically guiding you through the necessary steps using successive dialogs.
You can also create your Scope project in the conventional way without the Measurement Wizard, see TwinCAT Target Browser.
- 1. Open the Windows Start menu Beckhoff> TwinCAT XAEShell.
- The Visual Studio opens in its shell or in a possibly installed full version.
Start the measurement wizard
- 1. Select a TwinCAT measurement project on the start page (for example YT Scope Project).
- 2. Select the in the following dialog box Measurement Wizard out.
- 3. Enter the name and storage location of your project and confirm your entries with OK.
- The Measurement Wizard for TC3 Scope View, Filter Designer and TC3 Bode Plot opens.
Select program variant
- 1. Choose a TC3 Scope View out.
- You can make coordinated settings in the following dialog box.
Define the starting point and select the target system
- 1. Click the button Variable.
- 2. Select the target system and the corresponding ADS port.
- 3. Click the button Next.
- 4. In the dialog box that opens, select the variables that are to be recorded and graphically displayed.
- You have various options in this area:
- Navigate through the menu.
- Enter a variable name in the filter text box.
- Choose a different scaling factor and offset.
- Enter a warning and an alert level.
You use these values to configure the Dynamic Style functionality for these variables. From the warning value onwards, the graph is drawn in yellow and from the alert onwards it is red.
Add chart and configure axes
- 1. Select the chart type.
- 2. If necessary, add additional axes.
- 3. Finally click the button Create.
- in the Solution Explorer the starting point for the new scope configuration is assembled automatically.
Definition of the settings
Before recording, the basic settings for recording must be specified in the scope properties.
- 1. Select the appropriate item in the Solution Explorer out.
- When the window Properties is not yet opened automatically:
Open it from the command Properties in the menu View.
The standard is a ten-minute recording, which is started manually and automatically stopped after the appropriate time.
In the standard window Properties you can make settings for:
- All hierarchy levels of the scope,
- Trigger and
Start and stop recording
- When used for the first time, the TwinCAT Measurement toolbar must be in the menu View> Toolbars to be activated.
- 1. Click the icon with the red recording symbol to start recording.
- 2. Click the icon with the blue symbol to end the recording.
- The standard recording time is 10 minutes.
Interrupt recording in the view
- 1. Click on the pause icon in the chart.
- The graph is paused in the display - only for viewing.
While you interrupt the view in the chart with the pause icon, the recording continues in the background. You can pause the display in this way to zoom in on the data or analyze the waveform.
In order to improve the representation of the channels in the view, you can add charts and axes in the TwinCAT 3 Scope View during the recording and move channels within the scope.
- Add charts or axes and move channels
- 1. To create a new chart, right-click on ScopeWizard and select the desired chart.
- 2. Use drag and drop to move the desired channel in the tree structure of the Solution Explorer into the newly created chart.
- 3. To create a new axis, right-click on the corresponding chart and choose New Axis out.
- 4. Use drag and drop to move the desired channel in the tree structure of the Solution Explorer to the newly created axis.
- If necessary, use the icons in the respective chart to zoom and move in order to take a closer look at the signal curve.
Add markers on the axes
A marker is a chart element that can be docked on an axis. It is displayed as a line in the view and can be evaluated in the marker window and compared with other markers.
- 1. Right-click on the corresponding chart and select the desired markers for the X and Y axes.
- 2. If you want to analyze the signal curve in more detail, click the pause icon in the corresponding chart and zoom into the data.
- You can edit the markers in the properties window in the display and evaluate them in the marker window.
Fade in and out
- 1. Right-click on the relevant chart and choose Marker window out.
- 2. Select the option from the drop-down menu at the top of the Markers window New autofill table and the corresponding chart.
- 3. As an alternative to the autofill option, you can use the commands on the toolbar Add ... put everything together individually.
- 4. Click the comparison tool in the toolbar of the marker window to display the differences between the markers set and the corresponding signal curves.
- The position is displayed permanently. It mirrors the X-axis.
The data can be exported in various data formats for further processing.
- The recording must be ended via the TwinCAT Measurement toolbar or automatically ended after the preset expiry time.
- 1. Go to in the program Scope> Export….
- 2. For this example, select the Scope View Data (SVD) file type.
- 3. Select the time period to be saved and click on Next.
- 4. Specify the storage location and click on Create.
© 2020 Beckhoff Automation
- How do I get started with Bootstrap
- Can I take part in Josaa 2017
- How long does it take to receive ACH
- What is your GATE 2016 result
- Is that Swedish?
- Drive lighter cars faster
- How many players are there in football?
- How do compound and dissecting microscopes differ?
- What is quoted in Unix
- How do you deal with nihilistic thoughts?
- What makes Albert Einstein an amateur violinist
- How good is IMS Noida for BCom
- What is normal for INFPs, but not for INTPs
- How can I survive in medical school?
- What are the best markup programming languages
- What can cause rust-colored urine
- What makes espresso shots dark
- How is Mayur Vihar for students
- Which business book should I read?
- How do you calm a gaseous stomach?
- What happens during the root canal treatment
- How effective is an insulin pump
- Need For Inventory Management System Software
- What was Joseph Stalin's Estimated IQ