Who is Wizkid of Nigeria
Wizkid celebrates disbandment of controversial police force
#ENDSARS: Wizkid celebrates dissolution of controversial police unit at demo
After growing protests in Nigeria, the controversial special unit against robbery, SARS ("Special Anti-Robbery Squad)", was disbanded. Members have been accused of police violence and been involved in unlawful arrests, arrogance, humiliation and extortion. Many Nigerian music stars have taken part in the #ENDSARS demonstrations in Lagos or London.
Singer Tiwa Savage, rapper Olamide and Afrobeats star Wizkid called on the Nigerian government to take action. Wizkid announced the dissolution of SARS in London and addressed the youth of Nigeria during the demonstration: "Don't let anyone tell you that your vote doesn't count!"
Wizkid also calls for a reform of the police force. Critics find that the dissolution of SARS alone does not go far enough. Osai Ojigho of Amnesty International in Nigeria is demanding that SARS members stand trial.
New track: Busta Rhymes with deceased rapper Ol ’Dirty Bastard
Hip-hop legend Busta Rhymes has announced his new album "Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God".
As a thank you for all the encouragement for the album teaser, the rapper from New York shared a snippet of a new song on his social media channels. It features the Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ol'Dirty Bastard, who died in 2004.
So far, Busta Rhymes has released two songs from the album. The single "The Don & The Boss" together with Vybz Kartel was released in August, "YUUUU" featuring Anderson .Paak in September. Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God is out on October 30th.
Sex Pistols front man John "Johnny Rotton" Lydon supports Donald Trump
A new president will be elected in the USA on November 3rd. Many music stars support the Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, and speak out strongly against Donald Trump. Now John "Johnny Rotton" Lydon, front man of the British punk band Sex Pistols, has sided with the Republican. Lydon now lives in the USA. In an interview with The Observer newspaper, he says that he will definitely vote for Donald Trump. He was "stupid" if he didn't do that - because of the economy.
Lydon says Biden is unable to run the country. Before that he voted for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. But he can empathize with what it is like to be called a racist, that's why he started to support Trump. Lydon receives criticism from fellow musicians for the statement. The racism allegation goes back to an encounter between Lydon and his entourage and Bloc party frontman Kele Okereke. Lydon is said to have insulted him racially.
That he used that as a reason to support Trump is pretty telling, writes Stuart Braithwaite from the band Mogwai on Twitter. Mogwai is said to have been present at the incident. Braithwaite says Lydon is a disappointing man. The British band Cornershop also responded to the interview with Lydon by also advocating Brexit. She calls the punk singer an inflated, deluded idiot.
- Why did the Soviet-Chinese conflict begin?
- What are KTM motorcycles
- What are the most common consequences of autocorrelation
- What are the dangers in a computer room
- What is the first big synthesizer album
- What animals eat beetles
- Why am I not happy?
- How is automation beneficial to humans?
- Are scavengers really harmful to eat
- What is the best treatment for hydrosills
- Reading can help with night terrors
- How will God answer my prayers quickly
- How many narcissists are gay
- Trump's attorney is in trouble now
- How fast do fingernails grow
- Are there natural risks in Peshawar Pakistan
- What is a sniper rifle
- How can I flash a stock recovery
- OneCoin will be the next after Bitcoin
- Marco Verratti is overrated
- Can a cardboard guitar actually work?
- How is freshman housing in Princeton
- Are scavengers really harmful to eat
- How is VAT issued?
- Should I pursue a career in medicine
- How do I order artist paint
- What was the first African civilization
- How do virtual domains work
- Can God create anti-laws of logic
- Why do some people like Lil Wayne
- How was the board exam for class 12
- Is Google the next apple
- Why do people lack common sense
- What are the general NEET fees