How do you react to criticism
Application question: "How do you deal with criticism?"
You may be asked how you deal with criticism during the interview. Why is your interlocutor interested in it?
Your future boss is sure not to hire someone who doesn't let himself be told. On the other hand, you shouldn't give in too quickly when criticized. Because not every criticism is justified. Anyone who takes a stand for his work and defends it shows courage.
Therefore, you should pay close attention to the application question about your critical ability and prepare accordingly. In the interview, you should make it clear that you deal confidently with criticism can. This means that you can use justified criticism as feedback to improve your work. In the event of unjustified criticism, however, you will take the defense.
"So at first I am not particularly happy about criticism. After all, it means that you did something wrong or could have done something better. Nonetheless, criticism can be very instructive and helpful and this helps avoid future mistakesprovided the criticism is justified. And therefore one should use the word "Criticism" maybe against "Feedback" change."
An answer with "I am always happy to receive criticism" is not very credible in a job interview. Because criticism always has an unpleasant side. Ultimately, however, we can grow and get better from it.
Dealing with criticism in everyday working life
Only those who deal properly with criticism in their everyday work can convey this in a credible way in the job interview. Therefore, you will find a few tips below on how you can respond to criticism and even use it for yourself.
How to deal with justified criticism:
- First, listen carefully to the criticism.
- Reconsider the criticism. Is it justified?
- React or answer correctly.
How to respond to unjustified criticism:
- Answer factually and don't get upset.
- Act promptly.
- Don't take it personally right away.
- Don't blame others.
If you are confronted with criticism unexpectedly, you could explain to yourself - if possible - that you have an important task to finish at the moment and that you would then take the time to talk. During this time you can relax yourself, reflect on the criticism, and come up with a constructive response.
Author: Janina Kotzam
«To the article overview
- Which takes a lot of patience
- How does a blind Chamaeleon change color
- Who really has power in America
- What scientific evidence is there for homeopathy?
- What are behavioral studies
- What did Digvijaya Singh tweet about Modi
- Did cleaning your laptop make it faster
- What treated flu water
- Does someone benefit from technical debt
- Which are the famous marketplaces in Dindigul
- What is the future of OAuth
- What guitar does Brian May play
- How do I treat mild obsessive-compulsive disorder
- What is ammonium chloride
- How is sugar used to make jaggery
- How do I destroy my sexuality
- What do foreigners think of Cheesecake Factory
- Callie leaves the gray anatomy
- What do you expect from your death
- How Doctors numb your mouth
- Is there Lidl in Zadar Croatia
- Why does menopause come early?
- Who are famous people from Oxford UK
- What is the most popular bat
- Bunion separators actually use the foot
- What is the difference between aperitifs and digestifs
- What is the secret truth about granite
- Coconut milk is just concentrated coconut water
- Why aren't American sports popular around the world?
- What is the national anthem of Canada
- What is a school official
- Where is Godzilla's home
- What does multiphysics mean