How exactly would you define slavery?
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
People without rights
In slavery, one person becomes the property of another person. The slave has no rights of his own and is completely dependent on his owner. Slavery was widespread in ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. Everywhere slaves had to do low and often hard work.
Made into slaves
How did people become slaves? Mostly they came under the rule of the victors as prisoners of war or they were robbed in raids. The winners then sold the people as slaves. Many slaves were born under foreign rule and were never free.
Slave trade in the age of colonialism
From the 16th century a lively slave trade developed between Europe, Africa and America. European colonial powers such as Spain and England brought over eight million blacks to North and South America. There was a lot of money to be made from this criminal trade. The mostly black slaves worked under very poor conditions on the plantations of the rich whites.
The end of slavery
In 1833 Great Britain banned the slave trade, and in 1865 the USA also abolished it for good. With the UN Human Rights Convention in 1948, slavery was banned worldwide. However, in some countries there are still dependencies similar to slavery, for example child labor or forced prostitution.
- How did the Green Revolution in India help the peasants?
- What does Aloha Kakou mean
- How does the coding of the boot camp work
- Who has the safest hotels in Mexico
- What is the state dance of Jharkhand
- How can I discreetly save a Snapchat?
- What is the color of zinc
- Where can I learn Tableau Online
- How do I understand Arabic
- What award did Shifuji get
- What is the national animal of Bodoland
- Is everything in life for women
- Biorhythm Theory Right or Wrong
- Schools can search my kid's bag
- What should I do about ill-adjusted daydreaming?
- Is whey vegetarian
- What is a patriarchal culture
- Aging is good or bad
- How much does R2D2
- Birds encounter turbulence
- What's new with Bitcoin
- Why does Snapchat freeze all the time
- Where can I get distribution management software
- How can I learn CATIA online
- What should my investment be for the future
- Does training help my memory
- Samson was ten men strong
- Why do we die of illness
- What is a blockchain with an example
- There is a new cure for psoriasis
- Which celebrities are on Quora 1
- What should people learn from non-people
- Are Christians polytheists or monotheists?