Alexa works in Kenya
Amazon Alexa can also be used abroad Use Alexa on vacation - it works
Using Alexa on vacation: Are there any usage restrictions?
Amazon Echo and Alexa can also be used normally abroad. As soon as Alexa connects to the internet, it automatically checks the location. Therefore, some functions cannot be used abroad due to licensing restrictions. This mainly affects third-party services such as Amazon Prime Music, Amazon Music Unlimited and Spotify. It is possible that individual artists cannot be called up due to licensing differences. This depends on the holiday country in question.
Alexa: Change location settings
In order for the voice assistant Alexa to immediately display the correct weather data from the holiday destination, the device location and the actual location must match. The Alexa device location can be adjusted in just 4 steps in the settings of the Alexa app:
- Click on "Settings" in the menu
- Select device "Amazon Echo"
- Select "Device location" and click "Edit"
- Select the full address in the holiday country, click "save"
For some users, several Echo devices are connected to the Amazon account. Then the locations of the respective loudspeakers should be adjusted separately.
Alexa: Change time zone and date
Users, Amazon Echo and Alexa may be in a different time zone in the holiday country. Changing the time zone is important, as otherwise voice commands such as alarm clock and time announcement will not work and will show the wrong time. It is not possible to adjust the date and time manually. The change is only made by selecting a different time zone. Alexa then automatically adjusts the date and time.
How to change the time zone for Alexa:
- Open the Alexa app, select "Settings"
- "Select device options
- Select "Date & Time"
- The manual selection of the time zone is possible by clicking on "Off" next to "Automatic time zone"
- Selecting a time zone from the list displayed, Alexa updates the date and time to the time zone
More instructions for Alexa and Echo speakers
Manage appointments and tasks with Alexa
Amazon Alexa: set and manage timers
Set Alexa reminders - that's how it works
Set the alarm clock with Alexa - this is how it works
Link calendar to Alexa
Create and move appointments with Alexa - that's how it works
Listen to the daily summary via Alexa - that's how it works
Alexa: Create routines - that's how it works
Shopping with Alexa
Create and edit shopping lists with Alexa - that's how it works
Shopping with Amazon's voice assistant Alexa - this is how it works
Cancel orders via Alexa
Adjust Alexa settings
Turn off Alexa Skill notifications
Activate letter mode for Alexa - that's how it works
Follow-Up: Activate Alexa follow-up questions - this is how it works
Change Alexa language - this is how it works
Change Alexa activation word - that's how it works
Create a new search engine for Amazon Echo in 5 steps
Change Alexa user account of the Echo speaker
More guides and how-tos on Alexa
Check the traffic situation with Alexa - that's how it works
Alexa received sports news on favorite team
Listen to the Bundesliga with Alexa and Amazon Music - that's how it works
Control Fire TV with Alexa - this is how it works
Use Alexa on your Windows PC - that's how it works
Alexa as the standard assistant on Android phones - that's how it works
Alexa Blueprints: Everyone can create Alexa skills themselves
Connect and use Amazon Echo with multiple people
Alexa FAQ: Frequently asked questions about using Amazon Echo and Alexa
More information and news about the smart home
- What is rock shrimp
- Is anger a defense mechanism
- Why isn't Azealia Banks more famous
- Why am I getting such low FPS
- How many girls get buttock implants
- Are there apple orchards in Florida
- What will Ethiopia look like in 2050
- Why is North Karnataka still underdeveloped
- How is that a pure function
- What is the truth behind viral content
- Can I live 5000 years
- Libertarianism is a myth
- Who discovered the aurora borealis
- Have you ever heard your inner voice
- What is the Gattermann aldehyde synthesis
- What can be stolen without feeling guilty
- Should Google pay people for their information
- What is AI for beginners
- The Titanic was the worst shipwreck
- Will corruption end in the future
- How can you experience life after children
- What are the best scripts
- How competitive is the coding bootcamp market
- What happens to European banks