Why do ferrets smell so bad
We hear this question over and over again. The answers to this depend on several factors.
Ferrets are predators or domesticated wild animals.
Ferrets will always have and keep a certain "wildlife smell".
People smell or feel this smell differently. One perceives the smell as pleasant, the other thinks it stinks, the next in turn doesn't notice the smell at all.
You as a ferret keeper or whoever wants to become one must decide for yourself how he perceives the smell.
For many people, a dog also smells or smells in the home.
Uncastrated ferret females "smell" in the satchel season and uncastrated males "stink" very strongly in the satchel season. That is why we also recommend neutering domestic ferrets or at least caring for the breeding ferrets outside during the satchel season.
Males that have not been neutered in particular can present a very large "odor nuisance" in the apartment. This smell in the home should not be underestimated. Your neighbors and your visit will thank you.
We have been keeping ferrets for over 20 years.
But under guarantee
NO castrated males in
the ranzzeit in the
"You stink like a polecat"
Ferrets that are not in breeding and domestic ferrets should / must be neutered.
The castration leads to the odor of the greasy skin secretion being reduced by about 90% and the "odor nuisance" being reduced very much. At the same time, the aggressive and dominant behavior observed in the male dogs every now and then in the ranting period is no longer so pronounced be.
Castrated ferrets are therefore for us and for many other ferret child keepers
the perfect pets !!
A very strong and aggressive odor can occur when emptying the anal glands in ferrets.
Ferrets only empty their anal glands when they are under stress, panic or fear.
That means if you deal with ferrets the way they should and do not expose the animal to these factors, it will not use these "weapons" of defense.
We expressly advise against the routine removal of the anal glands. At the same time the removal of the anal glands is FORBIDDEN for reasons of animal welfare law !!!!
However, if the anal glands are inflamed and veterinary therapy has not been helpful, they may be removed.
Given the occasion, we would like to kindly point out that our texts are subject to copyright and have sprung from our "ideas". We therefore ask you to refrain from copying, even in part, and to respect our property rights!
- What is the NST treatment
- What is the municipal services office
- How can I learn Sailpoint online training
- Sharks become more aggressive
- Are smartphones viewed as supercomputers?
- Psychopaths hate social situations
- What is the PERT method
- How to say dessert in German
- What are the biggest misunderstandings about scientists
- How do you analyze real estate
- What is the definition of cephalopelvic disproportion
- How was the Federal Housing Association founded
- What is metacognition in the workplace
- Will my cat be safe around a dog?
- What is the pH of Lemon Sugar
- The North Pole has already melted
- Will the government ever be abolished?
- Is Chicago still the second city
- Is there a treatment for optic atrophy
- What is the opposite word of humanity
- Why is it called REST API
- What is the Indian Air Force
- Steamboat Springs CO is a big city
- What is denaturation and re-association DNA
- Nikola Tesla was a scientist or engineer
- What is the best domain extension and why
- Nouns can be conjugated
- What are prisons used for?
- What is your favorite home repair project?
- Protect your phone with a password
- Which is the fastest gear mechanism
- Can attack a virus router
- How to win in Overwatch
- Which is the best preschool in Torrance