How realistic is the Bones series
"Bones": The leading actors' dispute over millions ends in comparison
This ended a long litigation that had established that the production studio 20th Century Fox TV had licensed the rights to the series "Bones" at low prices to sister companies such as the broadcaster FOX and the streaming service Hulu, as well as the plaintiffs had brought about their profit sharing with "accounting tricks".
So much was known and accepted after an arbitrator's verdict in February (our detailed report on the case and the arbitrator's verdict). At that time, the former judge Peter Lichtman, in his role as arbitrator, had determined that the four plaintiffs had suffered nearly $ 50 million in damage. In his statement, he also dismantled the managers at 20th Century Fox TV who would have lied and not even tried to market the series in the interests of the profit holders - a contractual obligation. A corporate culture prevails in the Fox Group to bypass the truth. Therefore, he also imposed a fine of $ 128 million - "punitive damages", that is, from the compensation category for which the American judicial system is so well known for the enormous sums of money.
20th Century Fox TV and with it the new owner Disney appealed against the arbitrator's verdict: Due to all applicable contracts, the arbitrator was not allowed to impose a fine over and above the lost income (this is also one of the reasons why in the Contracts say that such disputes do not go to court, but to an arbitrator). The companies therefore went to court and won: The $ 128 million fine was negated - the slightly more than 50 million lost profit sharing was not contested by the companies.
But that was not the end of the matter: On the basis of the arbitrator's verdict, producer Josephson - to put it simply - followed up with a fraud complaint: 20th Century Fox TV never planned to market the series for the benefit of those involved in the profit, but for the benefit of the Group family. And deliberately cheated on him.
As a result, a settlement was now concluded in which it was also agreed not to disclose the amount ultimately paid - one can probably assume that this will be at least the 50 million lost revenue and corresponding payments for the final scales not yet included in the lawsuit. The documents submitted by both sides thus legally close the case.
The media world, which is reorganizing itself after the streaming boom, is currently in the process of eliminating the fundamental problems that led to the dispute: Instead of long-term “profit sharing”, the trend is towards direct, fixed advance payments by the manufacturing companies and media conglomerates . This gives those more freedom to exploit the works via linear channels and their own streaming offers, the creative people get their money faster. However, this approach benefits successful producers and actors, who can invest equally high-value contracts in new projects.
- What is PCC
- Does it make sense to still learn Russian?
- What is an important use of petroleum
- What should I do in trade or engineering
- Why don't democratic countries remove their monarchy?
- How to make pistachio ice cream
- How do some Franciscan friars become priests?
- Is it talking to or talking to
- Can i buy an electric scooter online
- What is y mx b
- How can I understand someone better
- What's the best way to make 100 waste of money
- How does introvert define success in life
- What does it mean to lower your standards
- What is cold water extraction for codeine
- Is the metric system better
- What is the famous dam
- Some videos are left behind in Lightworks Why
- Orthodontic treatment helps with rubbery smile
- What is an art deco google font
- Always wake up this early
- What is the goal of literary language
- Can you share a poem about soldiers
- What is Suspicious Tuberculosis
- What is the incubation period of HIV
- What is the concept behind Torrentz
- How do film directors choose their soundtrack
- How was Michael Jackson's smell
- What do the balls mean
- What is the country code for Bahrain
- Skin care products are placebos
- Has Pakistan mastered the art of denial
- Is the concept of common sense valid?