Blakes is better than in and out
NBA News: Brooklyn Nets Official Sign Blake Griffin
The Brooklyn Nets made the rumored signing of Blake Griffin official on Monday. The 31-year-old comes as a free agent and has signed for the veteran minimum for the remainder of the season.
Griffin is set to make $ 1.2 million in Brooklyn after recently agreeing to a buyout with the Detroit Pistons, foregoing over $ 13 million. Originally he would have been entitled to 75.6 million until 2022.
Instead, Griffin is now ringing in New York. "My only goal is to win a title," said the six-time all-star at Bleacher Report. "In some years it's more realistic than in others. But that's why I came to Brooklyn."
The Nets are one of the top favorites in the Eastern Conference after the signing of James Harden. The friendship with DeAndre Jordan, with whom Griffin played for a long time at the Clippers, also played a role in the fact that he moved to Brooklyn and not back to Los Angeles, where both teams are said to have been interested.
"You needed a foursome," said Griffin. "I've always had great respect for Steve Nash and the other guys here. Sean Marks did a great job. It was a tough decision, but I wanted to join a team that had a chance for the title." According to several reports, the Nets are planning to use Griffin as a backup center.
Reinforcement or not? The Griffin Commitment in Analysis
Blake Griffin: Brooklyn Nets the signature favorite
In Detroit, the focus is currently on a rebuild, Griffin no longer played a role in the long-term planning of the franchise. Griffin has not played a game for the Pistons since February 12, but his contract made it difficult for the Pistons to find a trade partner.
In addition, several knee injuries have had a major impact on the performance of the former dunk specialist. After he was elected to the All-NBA Third Team two years ago, he added an average of 12.3 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists in 20 games in 2020/21, in his fourth year in Detroit 36.5 percent from the field and 31.5 percent from downtown.
Over his entire career, the No. 1 pick from 2009, who had his most successful time at the LA Clippers alongside Jordan and Chris Paul in the Lob City era, comes in at 21.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. In total, he made it into an All-NBA team five times.
In the current season, however, the former highflyer has not dimmed a single time - Griffin himself didn't seem to know whether that will change in Brooklyn. "We'll see," Griffin replied when asked if he'll be scoring praise on his new team again.
Blake Griffin's career stats
|Seasons||Teams||G / MIN||Points||Rebounds||Assists||FG%||3FG%|
|12||Clippers, pistons||642 / 34,7||21,4||8,7||4,4||49,5||33,1|
- Can displace copper sulfate zinc
- How long is the Nerf Longstrike
- Are sociopaths more successful
- What's the best thing about Gulzar's Shayari
- How can you visit Everest Trekking
- How do the Republicans in Florida talk about impeachment?
- What are the reasons some women play games?
- What happens when Pyrrha returns in RWBY
- What's your favorite video game story
- What is a constituent ion
- Can people create something that is perfect?
- The millennial entrepreneurship is increasing
- How do I maintain my vacuum
- What problems did the ancient Romans have?
- Can you kill what's already dead
- What kind of assets do most Chinese invest in?
- What if everyone is a god, god
- Why is the funeral considered a ritual
- When did digital video editing begin?
- What is online music production
- What is the best DJ software
- How should I see homosexuality
- Which Japanese cities are known to westerners
- What do climate researchers think of fracking?