What is the importance of osmoregulation 1
As Osmoregulation is the term used to describe the homeostasis of the osmolality of the plasma, which is primarily achieved by a control circuit that connects the posterior pituitary gland with the kidney.
During osmoregulation, the HHL releases the hormone ADH (also adiuretin, vasopressin) in a positive relationship to the plasma osmolality. Through V2-receptor-mediated stimulation of water reabsorption in the distal tubules and collecting ducts of the kidney, ADH lowers the osmolality again, thereby closing the control loop. In addition, ADH also stimulates V1 receptors, which have a vasoconstrictor effect and thus increase blood pressure, and V3 receptors, which in turn increase ACTH secretion in the anterior pituitary.
3 Clinic and Pathophysiology
Important symptoms of osmoregulation are central diabetes insipidus (point a in the diagram), in which ADH secretion from the pituitary gland fails to occur, and renal diabetes insipidus (point b in the diagram), which is caused by resistance to ADH, e.g. B. is characterized in a mutation of the V2 receptor or in certain diseases of the kidney.
Schwartz-Bartter syndrome (SIADH) is characterized by a pathologically increased secretion of ADH with a consecutive retention of water and a loss of sodium (hyponatremia).
The function of the control loop can be checked using the following examination procedures:
- Is 2 i positive or negative
- How do people overcome insensitive comments
- How many Funko Pops have been released
- How is the Neihu District in Taipei
- How do I create an Instagram account
- What are the lyrics to Mad World
- Formal education can make up for lack of intelligence
- Which companies have the best YouTube videos
- Fermentation is a chemical reaction
- Mining asteroids is within our technological capabilities
- Why does civilization fall
- What is your onboarding process like?
- What is the secret to maintaining friendship
- What makes a missile ballistic
- What is anhydrous acetic acid
- What is the symbol for real numbers
- Is there life in the core of the earth
- What does effective valence mean in electrophysiology
- How do mixers work
- A heartache lasts forever
- Why do some breweries in Germany fail
- What is the best art show in Miami
- Where is Godzilla's home
- What is the basis of the economy