How big is Captain America
“Avengers: Endgame” surprise: In the end, Captain America is older than everyone thought
Three months ago we thought we finally knew the real age of Captain America at the end of "Avengers: Endgame". In the meantime, however, a correction has followed.
- Warning: This will be followed by spoilers for "Avengers: Endgame"! -
How old is Captain America (Chris Evans) at the end of "Avengers: Endgame" after his detour through time? This question bothered many fans after the end of the blockbuster and we finally have the official answer: He is 112 years old!
We got the final confirmation thanks to the script that was published in the course of the Oscar campaign of "Avengers: Endgame". In the passage with old Captain America it is written: "The man turns and we see now: Steve Rogers, age 112." This number is repeated later in the scene when it is written that 112 years of emotions are in be recognizable on his face. (Due to copyright regulations, we are not allowed to provide you with excerpts from the script.)
The information in the script is quite surprising because it contradicts a previous, apparently official announcement about Cap's age. Jen Underdahl, who was involved in the special effects on “Avengers: Endgame”, explained in a video interview with Wired how the effects of old Steve Rogers were created on the computer. Underdahl said that his shoulders had to be shrunk to give him "that 106 year old super soldier look". Captain America is six years older than previously thought. A sad fan theory confirms his age anyway.
Steve Rogers apparently had to bury Peggy Carter twice
Some fans suspected after "Avengers: Endgame" that Steve Rogers lived happily with Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) after he returned to her in the 1940s. After she passed away, however, according to this theory, he traveled back to the main timeline of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) in 2023 and presented his shield to Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie). Unfortunately, his age fits this assumption surprisingly well.
Steve Rogers was born at the MCU in 1918; on July 4th, American Independence Day, of course. Accordingly, he was 26 years old when he fell into the sea in March 1945, and in 2011 he was finally thawed. He then aged normally again by 2023, at which point he was biologically 38 years old.
Speaking to Backstory Magazine (via comicbook.com), Endgame writer Christopher McFeely revealed that at the end of the film, Cap traveled back to 1948 to finally dance with Peggy. If he ends up being 112 years old in the original timeline, he must have spent over 70 years with her. Starting from 1948, that would take us beyond 2016. And this is exactly where "Captain America: Civil War" comes into play: It was there that Peggy died of natural causes in 2016.
In the other timeline, she could have lived for a similar length of time. Accordingly, Steve would have spent many years happily with her here, only to travel back to 2023 after her death. So he would have had to say goodbye to her twice, after all, he bore her to her grave in “Civil War” when she was younger. The second time he was able to look back on many wonderful decades, which is quite comforting.
In addition to Captain America's age, many other questions preoccupied the "Endgame" viewers:
did you like this article? Discuss with us about the latest theatrical releases, your favorite series and films that you are eagerly waiting for - on Instagram and Facebook.
- How does osmotic pressure work
- Should I study science or literature?
- Is volunteering just free labor
- How does fluorescence work
- How do I read notebooks efficiently
- What is the best mlm business
- Should I visit Daegu and / or Daejeon
- Which movie has ever changed your character?
- Why are narcissists hypersexual
- What's wrong with today's CEOS
- Roam1 Hong Kong International SIM card
- What do libertarians often misunderstand about socialism?
- What are some interesting incidents with mirrors
- Why is true happiness not attainable
- How does God's voice sound
- How do you say satisfied in Korean
- What is the civil engineering curriculum
- Who is Thales in Philosophy
- Ibuprofen 400 mg is too much
- What Causes Primary Lateral Sclerosis
- Who pays President Trump's personal lawyers
- What are the trends in online persuasion
- What if everyone is a god, god
- How far is the international space station