Which are the famous marketplaces in Dindigul

Historic hiking trail relocated

Transcript

1 Fresh on messages for the members of the Eifelverein Ortsgruppe Vossenack e.v. October 2018 Historical hiking trail relocated It's about the wooden bridge over the Kall at the Mestrenger Mühle. The WW 36 from us and the WW 80 from OG Schmidt are carried over this bridge. We had known for a long time that this bridge was dilapidated and needed to be renovated. During a joint on-site inspection with the Hürtgen Forestry Office, it was decided to close the bridge because it was dilapidated. An examination of the substructure showed that the bridge could no longer be repaired. The forest removed the bridge. There are plans to rebuild the bridge. To do this, however, not only must financing be established, but legal aspects must also be taken into account. (The left trailer is on private property, for example.) Primarily, however, it is about the duty to maintain safety. For these reasons, a new building can be started after clarification at the earliest. The bridge has since been torn down. Photo: Peter Gasper The immediate consequence of this whole action is that our historic hiking trail had to be rerouted. The diversion was signposted by Robert, Christoph and me. It extends the historic hiking trail by almost 2 km. The Mestrenger Mühle can no longer be reached via the access along the Mühlenbach but from the other side. (The path leads past the mill above the mill and thus reaches the parking lot of the restaurant.) Peter Gasper

2 How was wind power used a hundred years ago? Bicycle excursion to the last windmills in the Düren district and in Bedburg Under the expert guidance of Manfred Cremer, the Eifelverein OG Vossenack e.v. to the last windmills in the Düren district and in Bedburg. The use of wind energy for grinding, scooping water, sawing and other everyday work goes back over a thousand years. Well, the windmills that Manfred Cremer drove to are not that old: The oldest was the Immenrath cap windmill. It was built in 1631 during the 30 Years War. After more than 300 years of diligent meals, it was shut down in 1936. The name cap windmill means that the roof, the cap, could be turned with the wings into the wind, in contrast to the post mill, which had to be turned as a whole. Cap windmill or post windmill But a post windmill was also on the program: the Düppelsmühle, which was built in 1830 near Titz. However, she is said to have already stood at Efferen's before. It was sold, dismantled and rebuilt on the "Düppel". The mill provided its service there until there was another cap windmill to be seen at Grottenherten. It was the youngest mill on the tour, only built in 1831 in the fertile Jülich Börde. It even ground the grain of the surrounding farmers until 1964. In the 1930s, the mill also got an electric motor, which was used when wind and weather did not cooperate. Today a development association takes care of the building. Other sights along the way The 45 km long tour also had other sights to offer: Alt-Kaster, for example, today a district of Bedburg in the Rhein-Erft district, with remains of the medieval city fortifications. The gem has been able to retain its village character from the 17th century to this day. Although the city is older, it was largely destroyed by fire in 1648. Or the moated castle Bedburg, whose current appearance dates back to the 16th century. Today the castle is the city's "parlor": its stylish setting is available for congresses, meetings, conferences, symposia, etc. In front of the Düppelsmühle near Titz Photo: Klaus Ecker

3 Hiking between the holidays in 2018 in the Prüm region The Eifelverein Prüm invites all hikers to traditional hiking between the holidays of Christmas and New Year in Prüm and the Prüm region. Hiking program Thursday: Hike on the Panoramaweg 120 around Prüm, ascent to the Kalvarienberg with the crater view of Prüm, a rest at the chapel and on in the direction of the Eifelblick Katzenkopf, on a beautiful high path with a view of the Mehlental you go to the Wolf Gorge with the ski hut. There is a rest with a snack option. On good hiking trails it goes to Prüm (approx. 13 kilometers, 4.5 hours walking time). Hiking guide: Jakob Weinand Friday: Hike on the Schneifel path from the Schwarzen Mann to Prüm. The bus takes you to the Schwarzer Mann log cabin. From there the hike starts on the Schneifel Path / Path of Peace to Prüm. A rest in Gondenbrett is planned (approx. 15 kilometers, 4.5 hours walking time). Hiking guide: Jürgen Rosenow Saturday: Hike on the Schneifel path from Schönecken to Prüm We take the bus to Schönecken. Depending on the weather, we hike through the historical place and climb up to the castle. The route leads us through Schönecker Schweiz via Rommersheim back to Prüm. A rest is planned in Rommersheim (approx. 13 kilometers, 3.5 hours walking time). Hiking guide: Mathilde Weinandy Sunday: Hike through the Mehlental Easy hike over the eight into the Mehlental to Niedermehlen and back on the other side of the stream via the Hauer farm to the Hotel am Wenzelbach. Finish at the Hotel Wenzelbach with a hearty stew (approx. 11 kilometers, 3.5 hours walking time). Hiking guide: Axel Mutzberg The meeting point for all hikes is at the Konvikt House of Culture, Prüm, Kalvarienbergstr. 1 There is sufficient parking space there. We reserve the right to make changes. The Prümer Land tourist information office can help you find a place to stay. Telephone: 06551/505, Mail: Responsible for the Prüm local group: Hiking warden Barbara Knie Telephone 06551/3293, Mail: Further information: GF Jakob Weinand, Mail: Please register.

4 Senior hike through the oldest public park in Europe Our senior citizens hiked through Lousberg Park and Müschpark in Aachen on May 16. The Lousberg is the oldest public park (not a royal or aristocratic private park) in Europe and has been part of the European garden network since 2007 for the 200th anniversary of its existence. The park was designed by the Düsseldorf court gardener M.F. Weyhe 1807 still at the time of the French. Crew created. The suggestion even came from the French. Prefect Lameth and should be based on the model of the English landscape gardens. It was also a kind of promenade, as it should be in a spa and bathing town. The planting provided for trees and the visitor should enjoy changing landscapes. A Chinese pavilion, a temple ruin, a Greek open-air theater and the Belvedere restaurant (where the rotating tower and restaurant is now located) should contribute to this. The Lousberg is 264 m high and has been a site for flint since the Middle Stone Age, which was used to manufacture tools and weapons. Since the Neolithic approx. The search was carried out systematically and a mine for flint, which was carried out in open-cast mining, had emerged. This also results in the classification that the Lousberg is the oldest commercial enterprise in North Rhine-Westphalia; not only that, it is also registered as a geological monument. The Tranchot Obelisk is located at its highest point. The obelisk was a survey point in the geodetic network system for surveying the Rhineland for Napoleon's army. It was founded in 1807 by the engineer Colonel J.J. Tranchot erected. After Napoleon's defeat and the occupation of the Rhineland by the Prussians, the strategic military importance of precise measurements soon became clear to the Prussians and it is still there today. In 2010, the Müschpark was included in the list of monuments of the city of Aachen as a garden monument and the Rhineland Regional Council placed it under monument protection as a biotope worthy of protection. There are currently 7 individual trees that are under protection. Seniors also follow the new trend Shinrin Yoku forest bathing We started our tour below the memorial (Marienturm; fortification in the old city wall), crossed the avenue ring and marveled at the beautiful town houses. At the end of

5 Kupferstrasse is the Marktfrau & Teufel monument. The monument symbolizes the legend of the creation of the Lousberg according to the motto: The devil created the mountain, the citizens created the park. The Kupferstrasse turns into the Buchenallee, right at the beginning there is the only surviving oldest beech from Napoleon's time, i.e. older than 200 years. From Buchenallee you have a wide view of the Soers with the riding stadium and Tivoli. At the first bend of Buchenallee is the Müschpark, which stretches steeply downwards towards St. Raphael Monastery. At the 12 Apostle lookout point, the view goes to the Doric columns, remains of the Laurensberg and Richterich Greek theater and the Aachen city forest. We crossed the yew grove, the slight elevations testify to the quarrying of flint in the Neolithic Age, they are mining products, small heaps. At the Tranchot Obelisk viewpoint, we looked out over the city and in the direction of the Eifel. Further down, a few steps down, is the Greek open-air theater, popularly known as the Acropolis of Aachen. The Kerstensche Pavilion or Couven Pavilion is located on the southern slope of the Belvedere Plateau. This by the builder J.J. Couven-built summer house was originally located in the town on the Annutiatenbach. Because J.J. Couven died in 1763 and the park was not created until 1807. What happened? The city of Aachen acquired the building, which had been approved for demolition, and had it rebuilt here in Lousberg Park between 1905 and 1907, and it fits perfectly in this location. During the tour, we were lucky enough to be able to go inside and use the large staircase to access the garden area because of an exhibition. This ended our tour on the Lousberg + Müschpark. The gleanings took place in the Toscana restaurant (Porta). I had brought some beach stones and fossils from the Baltic Sea with me as objects to see: gray, black and yellow flint and some with holes, belemnites, petrified sea urchins and other things. The stones and fossils found here in Aachen do not correspond in their origin to those of the Baltic Sea, but about 75 million years ago the flooding of the Aachen area began with the Upper Cretaceous and a shallow sea was created. The eventful day ended with the discussion about thunderbolts = belemnites + chicken gods = flints with holes. Text and photos: Dieter Rosin

6 The last dates in the hiking year: Full-day hike in the valleys of Warche and Bayon Wf. Christoph Braun Uhr Sparkasse senior hike from Glockenofen around Eichberg Hans-Jürgen Bürger Uhr Baptist-Palm-Platz Geocaching-Tour Wf Bergstein to Morten and potato fritters in the Forum Beringsteyn Wf.Dieter Rosin Uhr Baptist-Palm-Platz Film lecture about a safari tour with all-wheel drive Wf.Dieter Rosin Uhr Seniorenzentrum Vossenack Sports hike around the Obersee Wf. Georg Dülks, Uhr Sparkasse Seniorenwanderung from parking lot Asterbach Wf. Dieter Rosin o'clock Baptist-Palm-Platz senior hike through the Tiefen- and Steinbachtal Wf.Hans-Jürgen Bürger o'clock Baptist-Palm-Platz mission march of the Franciscans Wf. Georg Dülks, Peter Gasper o'clock church service Monastery church o'clock march off school yard high school senior hike from Kleinhau to Großhau Wf. Hans -Jürgen Bürger Uhr Baptist-Palm-Platz We wish all members ei a happy new year and a successful and healthy 2019

7 New Year's Hike - Wf. Peter Gasper Uhr Bosselbachhütte Senior walk around the Vossenacker Church Wf. Dieter Rosin Uhr Baptist-Palm-Platz Senior walk from Stockberg to Wehebachtal Wf. Dieter Rosin Uhr Baptist-Palm-Platz FILM LECTURE Experience a safari tour through Kenya (East Africa) The East Africa Adventure! See how the nomads of the Chabli Desert, the hottest and driest region in Kenya, supply their herds of animals with water. Get to know a breathtaking desert and volcanic landscape. Drive through the Sibiloi National Park on the east bank of Lake Turkana with Dieter Rosin. The park is a Unesco World Heritage Site and is not only the most important breeding area in Africa for Nile crocodiles, but also famous for its Koobi Fora archaeological site. People lived there about 2 million years ago! Then you hike through the Kenyan high mountains with their tropical vegetation. Mount Kenya is not the highest, but it is perhaps the most beautiful mountain in East Africa. Accompany the Maasai on their hike through the savannah and spend the night in a typical Maasai kraal. How do you behave in the face of a black mamba whose poison - a neurotoxin - is also extremely dangerous for humans? Cardiac arrest occurs after about 20 minutes. And take part in the honey harvest from wild bees. Come to the exciting film lecture by Johnny H., commented by Dieter Rosin, who accompanied him on his hikes. It will take place on Thursday, November 15, 2018, at the senior citizens' home in Vossenack and will last about 90 minutes Photo: Dieter Rosin

8 Obituary Together with his family, the members of the Eifelverein local group Vossenack e.v. around her honorary member BRUNO LINZENICH Since July 1st, 1970 he was not only a member of our local group, but also as a hiking guide, but also in various functions on the board, which he fulfilled with great passion. Due to his considerable experience, he has always been a valuable advisor to us. His work on the board was always characterized by great commitment. His alternative and creative way of thinking always gave us valuable impulses. He was one of the initiators of the historic hiking trail in the Kall valley, which is still very popular. The well-being of our local group was an affair of the heart for him. For his diverse activities he was awarded the Golden Merit Pin of the Eifelverein and received honorary membership. He wandered with us for many decades. After suffering a long and brave illness, Bruno Linzenich has now achieved his goal. Our deepest condolences go to his family at this difficult time, especially his wife Ilona, ​​his children and grandchildren. We feel connected to our honorary member in friendship and gratitude and we keep them in honor. Board and members of the EIFELVEREIN OG Vossenack e.v.

9 MISSION MARCH on the 3rd Sunday of Advent Let there be Light - Let there be light here This year's Franciscan mission march is dedicated to aid to AIDS in Dindigul Tamil Nadu / India. The proceeds from the sponsoring walk will benefit the local AIDS project "Flame". The main task there is the care of HIV-infected patients, especially children who live scattered in 120 villages. The work on site is extensive: It ranges from material support (food such as rice and lentils) to psychological support, school and professional training and medical care: Medicines prescribed by the doctor are distributed free of charge. This is supported by natural history therapies. The hikers are accompanied by Father Alfons Schumacher ofm, Father Sandesh Manuel ofm, Father Francis Kaviyil ofm, who are happy to tell more about the work in India. Two hikes of 10 and 16 km are offered again. Start is 10 a.m. in the school yard of the high school. If you want, you can attend a service in the monastery church at 9 a.m. A hearty soup is offered on the way. The hikes are accompanied by the DRK. The conclusion takes place in the monastery church. Photos: Franciscan Order Peter Gasper carried out the 2017 mission march for the leprosy hospital in Bhubaneswar

10 Renovation of the hiking hut "Untere Hardt" (Baptist Ruh) Our local group renovated the hiking hut "Untere Hardt" (Baptist Ruh) this summer. The work was financed through a funding measure from the North Eifel Nature Park. The maintenance of the hut is our responsibility. We have renewed the substructure of the benches and replaced some of the benches' planks. One of the wooden pillars was replaced and the floor slabs in the front area were raised. A special effort consisted in locking the forge and making the fireplace unrecognizable. It is forbidden to light a fire in the hut. Now the "old Vossenackers" will reply that this was quite common in the past when the hut was still used for local celebrations. Yes, but today it's forbidden. Times change. We had provisionally closed the forge in the past. However, this provisional facility was destroyed again and the fireplace continued to be used. As part of the measures presented here, we have now completely dismantled the forge. So that the fireplace is also no longer visible, we have covered it with a boulder. The boulder was found quickly. The transport to the hut was problem-free. But how should the heavy stone be maneuvered into the middle of the hut? Our member Peter Krumpen had the idea: The stone was placed on a metal pallet and this as far as possible into the hut. There the rock was pushed off the pallet with human strength. Then the pallet came in front of the stone, a board lengthways in front of it and the boulder could be maneuvered into the middle of the hut with the fork that was extended in this way. Finally, the inside of the benches and walls were painted. Peter Gasper The following are some impressions of the work:

11 photos: Peter Gasper At this point, a big thank you for the voluntary helpers who spent a total of 68 working hours in carrying out the measure.

12 The end of an after-work hike Photo: Margret Unterberger Hike along the old bunker path with Peter Felser Photo: Georg Dülks