Let's use a capacitor in a fluorescent tube


Capacitor in fluorescent tubes? (Electronics)

written by jbe, 09/28/2004, 4:23 pm

" " " Hello,
» » »
»» »Yesterday I had a condenser in a fluorescent tube
" (parallel
»» »To the network) has been defective.
»» »Unfortunately I can no longer read the name.
»» »Does anyone know which one to take?
» » »
»» »Or is it possible without it?
» » »
" " " Kind regards
»» »SLindi
» »
" " Hello,
» »
»» You can leave out the capacitor. The main job of him is that
»» Dummy line that the power generator cannot measure, measurable for him
" " do.
“This is new to me, you have to explain it in more detail.
" Greeting
»PS: It seems to me that there is an interference suppression
»Capacitor is defective. Since the surrounding radio
»And televisions are disturbed, it seems to me
»Makes sense to replace this. A spare part would need
»One with the designation" interference suppression capacitor for
Get "fluorescent lamp".

In fact, the capacitor (for reactive current compensation) is mostly an MP capacitor
Connected in series to keep the reactive current as low as possible. A parallel capacitor at the input
only serves to suppress the would have 220nF-470nF.
Usually this MP capacitor has a value between 4 and 7 µF. Horrible when they leak
As an energy supplier, we once caught a company in the industrial area that had all its fluorescent lamps operated without an MP capacitor, there were 400 of them, and we didn't like it at all because this had generated considerable reactive current.
One or two without an MP capacitor nobody complains, but with 400 pieces, that was expensive for the company.
The reactive current is also measured, but only for large consumers and / or feeds of e.g. 110KV
400V. This also distinguishes an industrial network from a household network, these are two completely different networks, and also require other measures, extra transformer, different diff protection, etc.

Entire thread:

Capacitor in fluorescent tubes? - sLindi, 09/28/2004, 12:47 pm (electronics)
Capacitor in fluorescent tubes? - Alexander Brocker, 28.09.2004, 13:24