Is Vienna a walkable city?
Green roofs - good reasons for green roofs
Video: The city needs green roofs
There are many good reasons for green roofs. The City of Vienna promotes the greening of roofs and offers advice on planning.
Free initial consultation
On behalf of the City of Vienna, DIE UMWELTBERATUNG offers an information service on the subject. The first consultation hour is paid for by the City of Vienna.
Initial consultation: Greening buildings in Vienna - DIE UMWELTBERATUNG
Other advisory services
The Department of the City of Vienna - Environmental Protection (MA 22) promotes the greening of roofs up to a height of a maximum of 20,200 euros per roof.
Green roof options
The green roof potential register provides information on which roof areas in Vienna are in principle suitable for greening due to their flat inclination.
There are 2 different types of green roofs:
- Extensively green roofs get by with a few centimeters (at least eight centimeters) of floor structure. However, the low vegetation layer is not accessible. The advantages of extensive greening are the low maintenance requirements and the low weight due to the light construction. An irrigation system is also not required. In particular, extensive (in exceptional cases also intensive) green roofs are also suitable for solar technology use (solar potential register).
- Intensely green roofs must be equipped with a floor structure of at least 30 centimeters. Walkable meadows, bushes and trees can be planted on it and vegetable beds can be created. In the case of intensely green roofs, maintenance and artificial irrigation are usually required. The statics of the roof structure should also be checked due to the higher weight per unit area.
"Green roof" cost factor - are green roofs expensive?
Green roofs are only marginally more expensive than conventional gravel roofs. The study "Dachgrün" was able to show that the cost differences are minimal. Depending on the period under consideration, there are slight additional costs or even savings through green roofs. For example, the cost of manufacturing and maintaining a green roof over ten years is around 0.30 euros per square meter of living space and per year higher than for a gravel roof. If you look at it for a longer period of time, the better durability of a green roof even results in savings compared to a gravel roof.
- Roof green, study March 2012: 2.2 MBPDF - Architect Dipl.-Ing. Norbert Erlach
City of Vienna | environmental Protection
- The pill can cause depression
- Chinese tourists use WeChat in Europe
- Does Black Pink have any scandals
- Is yoga all about health and fitness?
- How do I find a domain name
- When will Tesla release the Model X?
- Why do scooters wobble so much
- Does bad handwriting affect memorization?
- How great is SpaceX compared to NASA
- Which are top concept films anyway
- What are some good kurdish names
- What is a pavilion
- Which vitamins help lower A1C
- What are mobile retention strategies
- Is married to Richard Stallman
- What does Erdoganism mean
- Essaouira is a major tourist destination
- Is Facebook Dating Free
- How do compound and dissecting microscopes differ?
- How does cannabis affect a psychopath's brain
- How do cracks arise
- What is the personality of a DJ
- What is the best acoustic guitar amplifier
- How big is the market for generic drugs
- Why does Paytm KYC not work
- Can a Chrome extension steal my data?
- Why are customer needs important
- What is an irreversible process
- Uses Microsoft R for internal projects
- When will technological development stop?
- When does your lover become needy?
- How is the Suzuki Gixxer SF
- How can we define the city of Jaipur
- How should I start an ecommerce brand