What are new trends in executive development
In times of digital change, uncertainty and global complexity, managers have to rethink and question existing management approaches. Leadership with clear guidelines, goals and visions as well as working in multidisciplinary teams are essential building blocks for an agile, innovative and sustainable corporate culture.
The manager is no longer just a supervisor, but acts as a digital leader, as a coach and point-setter. She has to involve every employee and hand over operational responsibility to her team.
Management development functions need to be rethought
Companies must take these framework conditions into account when developing the new generation of managers. There are several points you should keep in mind:
- Management development is a permanent process similar to sports training: The managers of tomorrow do not need one-off information and training, but must be continuously developed. For this they need continuous access to qualitative learning sources. Only in this way can they gain skills that correspond to the changing requirements (on-demand learning).
- A rigid, continuous training program is no longer appropriate; rather, training should be structured on several tracks and enable learners to join in at any time or to refresh units.
- When developing managers, every company must take employee turnover into account, both internally and externally. Knowledge and skills must not be tied to specific people, but must be passed on and be available to everyone. New team members must have access to the information.
- Emotional skills are just as important as organizational ones. Intuition, adaptability and communication skills are also in demand in today's world. Own experiences - including learning from mistakes - can help a manager move forward.
- Management development can no longer only take place on site, but must also be aimed at employees who work in the home office or at other locations. The programs must therefore contain virtual components such as podcasts, apps and e-modules. Modules that enable employees to correct themselves can complement the feedback culture of companies.
The consulting company JER HR Group recommends companies to be courageous when developing managers and to try out new, agile methods. For example, learners could also become teachers themselves.
- Classes can be nested in C ++
- Snakes slide with their tails
- What are the important human psychological theories
- How can one think IoT
- Why is Pink Floyd suddenly hot again
- Where can I donate my tooth books
- Why not the FCC license cable systems
- Satellite phones are expensive
- What is the difference between transient and aetheric
- How do I become a professional poet
- How YouTubers Create Videos So Fast
- Which functions make blockchain more revolutionary?
- What is ArchiCAD
- What is a delocalized chemical bond
- Where's Kochi
- What justifies authorship in a scientific manuscript
- Is there anything realistic about Grey's Anatomy
- Can you tell me a story
- Why is demonization a blessing
- Can a serial fraudster change his behavior?
- How do Angrybirds make money
- Will taking Adderall reduce my depression
- Should advertising be banned from public spaces
- Where is the best view in Thailand