What do elephants eat
Our elephant profile: Find out everything about habitat and food
The elephant, which lives in a habitat consisting of grasslands and dry, deciduous to semi-evergreen forests, feeds exclusively on plants. Up to 150 kg of plants eat elephants a day and are therefore also known as giant herbivores. They prefer to eat branches, roots, tree bark and various types of grass, depending on the season and the associated climatic conditions. This also includes palm and sour grass plants, as well as mallow-like plant species and those species from the legume orders.
Elephants are classified into three types, the steppe elephant, the forest elephant and the Asian elephant. Our little friend Dickie belongs to the genus indian elephant, a subspecies of the Asian elephant. They live on the Asian continent and inhabit regions from India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Thailand & Myanmar and are spread as far as areas around Vietnam and China.
However, the elephant population has declined sharply within the last three generations and has decreased by about half. Its greatest threat represent losses of its habitat due to increasing human settlements, increasing poaching and the booming tourism industry, such as the sale of ivory. Accordingly, the elephant has been classified by the IUCN as endangered and it is continuously tried by the protection organizations by some Elephant Conservation Programs to secure the natural habitat of the elephant.
- What do you know about elephant hunting
- What size do girls like
- Can Jordanians travel to the DPRK
- Why are sitcoms so bad
- What is the difference between America and Murica
- Who are two renowned Indian architects
- Can someone share one-line stories
- What is the bhak
- How would nature shape our energy system
- How did Wildfire Interactive get traction?
- What is a block mode degree in architecture
- How are Photoshop Elements and GIMP different
- What is the importance of product marketing
- Why are there no Z-type stars?
- What is the linchpin in a company
- After the 12th science, which course is better
- Why do borderlines prefer a PTSD diagnosis?
- Angola is rich
- How expensive is life in Gibraltar
- What are some of the daily challenges you face
- What would happen if everything changed
- Why can't humans create universes yet?
- How do I calculate stock volatility
- Is the Duolingo English learning app safe?