Is silver a carcinogen
Silver on the skin - a blessing or a curse?
Why silver at all?
Silver has an antibacterial effect, which can be an advantage with some products. Silver in plasters z. B. is to prevent bacteria from getting into the wound. In clothing, silver promises less odor, as this is triggered by bacteria.
Silver ions (Ag+). These come from the silver used in the products. They react with the proteins of the bacteria and thus disrupt the metabolism of the little beasts. However, for silver to work, enough silver ions must be present.
Nano silver, what does that mean?
The decisive factor for how many silver ions escape from the silver is the surface of the particles. The smaller the individual particles, the larger their total surface area. Five apples have the same surface as a melon. But they weigh less than half the weight. The smaller the individual particles, the greater this effect and thus their surface area.
With nano-silver, the individual particles are so small that just a few milligrams have a surface area of several thousand square centimeters. As a result, a large number of silver ions can be released, and the nano-silver is therefore particularly effective against bacteria.
The disadvantage of nano-silver: It gets into the body!
Nano silver has one major drawback. The silver particles are so small that they can easily penetrate through the skin into the body and even into the body cells. The silver particles stay there for a long time and release silver ions. However, these then disrupt the proteins in our body. A not inconsiderable risk to our health. It doesn't matter where the nano-silver comes from. It can also come from textiles, cosmetics or food supplements.
The longer the corresponding products come into contact with the body, the greater the risk that the silver particles will get into the body. Cosmetics that stay on the skin, such as creams or deodorants, are particularly problematic. But textiles that we wear on our bodies should not be treated with nano-silver either. Both the Federal Office for Risk Assessment (BfR) and the BUND recommend avoiding this.
When can silver still be used?
It doesn't have to be nano. There is also something called microsilver. The molecules are too large to penetrate the body (some 100 times larger than nano-silver). In addition, they are shaped so that they have a particularly large surface. These molecules can also be adapted to the specific area of application. So z. B. microsilver for textiles is particularly good at the fibers and is not washed out.
Silver promises antibacterial hygiene without chemicals. In fact, its antibacterial properties are well documented. But we have to be careful with the type of silver. Because nano-silver can penetrate the body and cause long-term damage there that has not yet been fully researched. So keep your eyes open and ask for the right silver. Fortunately, many manufacturers of silver products are already following suit and are using the safe microsilver. Our microfiber cloth + is also equipped with microsilver to make it as easy and safe to use as possible.
- Why is it important to fall into life 1
- What is the pH of Lemon Sugar
- Where can I find an internship abroad?
- How can I lock pictures on Facebook
- Why did China abandon the socialist economic system?
- Can someone die of happy surprises?
- Can a Chrome extension steal my data?
- What is the pathophysiology of COPD
- What does ADAC mean in court
- What is Germany's most famous UFO case
- Where do we use power factor meters
- What is natural forest in a nutshell
- How much is Will Ferrell worth
- What are the weaknesses of the digital color artist
- What are commercial real estate commissions
- Why is cost reduction important
- What can censorship justify
- How do I stop farting
- Which industries does Botswana want to protect?
- How do we design a grid plate
- How is the conduction in composite materials
- How can I amplify my microphone?
- Why should I become a broker?
- Does Trump have a moral compass
- What are anime based on Greek mythology
- Have eBooks audio
- Are things cheaper in the dark net?
- Why join digital marketing
- Michael Jackson's real voice was really deep
- What are the cons of masturbation 30
- What's your scariest cave experience
- How does the thermoelectric Peltier effect work