How did it affect you to grow up protected?
Media in the everyday life of children
“Media childhood” yesterday and today
The modern digital media, as they shape the everyday life of families today, did not play such a major role in the childhood of the parents' generation. While children nowadays grow up with digital media such as computers, cell phones and the Internet as a matter of course, many parents only got to know digital media in adulthood - today's children and adolescents are "native speakers" or so-called "digital natives" in digital worlds, while their parents are "immigrants" or “digital immigrants”. So it is not surprising that many parents are a little alienated or helpless about their children's enthusiasm for the media.
In the meantime, however, there is a change here, as the current adolescent and young parents have already grown up with a comparatively large range of media.
The media offerings and their use will continue to change and develop and will maintain their influence on everyday family life and growing up. Skepticism and caution about what this means for children in terms of content and technology are certainly appropriate. But it is just as important that parents respect the child’s curiosity, be interested in their child’s media interests and discover what positive and meaningful media can offer children too. Only then can parents actually provide their child with advice when dealing with the media and find meaningful rules for dealing with the media.
- If 15X 15, then what is X.
- How did modern people develop culture
- How can I remove paint
- How is the night life in Barcelona
- Why does ibuprofen increase your blood pressure
- How do I enable SSH on Ubuntu
- What is Johann Denner known for?
- How can I let femininity seep away
- What are the best watches in usa
- Netflix is limited with content
- What have Rajputs done for India
- What is happening in Syria in 2018
- What's the best thing about Gulzar's Shayari
- Do you have cars in Cyprus?
- Is exercise a noun or verb
- How many Australian politicians are there
- How can I lower the room temperature
- MBA in electrical engineering
- Does the CTMU contain string theory
- Why are children sexually abused
- How do you unblock someone's Facebook
- How do you fight weeds
- What is dysurea
- Is mathematics divine