Traditions are fun
Tradition means doing something that people did before. The word comes from Latin. One can translate it roughly as handing over or transmission. So you pass on thoughts or something like that.
Culture and religion are often about tradition. If Christians celebrate Christmas because they have done it before, then that is tradition. Another example is that many people clink glasses when they drink together. Many birthdays have a cake with as many candles as the birthday child is old. People want to drive away the winter with many traditions, mostly with fire. One example of this is the “hut burning”. Piles of wood or straw are set on fire, usually also a cross made of wood that is wrapped in straw. This tradition exists in the Eifel. In Zurich, a doll is burned on Sechseläuten. It is made of paper and is filled with gunshots.
If something is tradition, people like to call it a custom. The customs and traditions are often different from area to area. They are then typical or special for the area. Lived tradition also means folklore. Two sciences which study and compare customs are folklore and ethnology.
What do people think of traditions?
Some people find tradition bad. They remember that little changes in life. If everyone just keeps doing what was done before, then there is no progress. Society is not getting better. In addition, all people should be allowed to do what they think is right and what they like. You shouldn't have to do something just because your grandparents did it.
Other people like traditions and consciously do something because it is very old. For example, there are people who maintain an old windmill. Today it is much easier to grind flour with a machine. But the windmill fans think it's nice when the windmill wheels are still turning.
“Hüttenbrennen” in the Eifel to drive away the winter.
The St. Gallen Children's Festival has been around for around 200 years.
On May 1st in Vienna: This day is a public holiday in many countries, Labor Day.
Dragon boat races are a tradition in China.
There are also other search results for “Tradition” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Can summon Naruto the whole tail animal
- Is Pakistan a regional hegemon
- What can censorship justify
- How does FM radio work
- Why is France so anti-Semitic
- Cowboys got paid high
- What screams I'm a New Yorker
- What was Taika Waititi's contribution to Moana
- Can I use an old Jio SIM?
- What kind of flower is the 7th
- Why are autopsies performed on animals
- What are some kindergarten words
- Which NASA missile exploded
- How can I lock pictures on Facebook
- What happens after CoolSculpting
- How do I remotely renew my passport
- Why don't animals suffer from AIDS?
- Is the Vedic religion older than Jainism
- What is the GRE physics test
- Why did the Soviet-Chinese conflict begin?
- Trade stocks
- What is a trusted platform module
- How is Quora used for market research?
- What is an MD child allergic person